Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T11 Missing

Hi everyone,

I'll try and make this as short and brief as possible. As of September '13 I have had 4 scoliosis surgeries with the two most recent being September 5 & 6th. My doctor had to remove T11 because it had broken and after my 2nd surgery in May (after he put in new lumbar rods) and I ended up with a full fusion from C3-S1.

Anyway, my question is this, ever since then, the pain I feel is from T11 on down. Does anyone else have a vertebra that broke and had to be filled in and fused? If so, does the uncomfortable feeling ever go away? I just don't feel comfortable and don't feel like I've progressed anymore. I'm done with PT (3 rounds) and don't have any other ideas as to what to do. I just want to lay in bed or on the couch not doing anything hoping it will get better.

I have had my follow-up x-rays and they look great however I don't feel great. I can feel my rods and I swear I can feel them shift around where T11 used to be. It's just getting too much for me anymore and I have no one to turn to so I wanted to come here and see what you all thought...

Chris

Chrystine,
    Welcome to the forum. I haven't had surgery so I can't answer your question.
    Did you tell your doctor that you can feel your rods moving around?
    If not, I would recommend that you do.
    I'm sure someone will chime in here that has more experience than I do.

Best wishes,
    Rohrer01
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Chris...

It's still pretty early. It's possible that the level hasn't fused yet. I think 7 months is a little early for your surgeon to be worried. Hopefully, if you still have a lot of pain at 12 months, they'll order a CT scan to see if there's a problem. In the meantime, I would try to continue walking as much as possible, and be careful about bending, lifting, and twisting. Did T11 break because of poor bone quality or was there some trauma? If it broke because of poor bone quality, I hope they've got you on some sort of regimen to increase the quality.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X