5 years post op w/bone fragments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years post op w/bone fragments...

It has been a long time since I've been on here for myself and so much has change! It really took four years for me to feel as though I was back to what was my new normal. This past September I went from being good to having stinging pain at the top of my right rod, my ribs often ache. Generally, where the rods have been implanted have not bothered me, its everywhere above. However, due to increasing pain and not following up with my doc for two years I went back for MRI's, CTscans, X-rays. I was told yesterday by my PCM (not by Ortho) that in the doctor notes there were bone fragments. She could not access all the reports to see where those fragments may have been located. Has anyone ever heard of OR experienced this? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

I was under the impression that bone fragments would be reabsorbed by the body. Of course, I may be wrong. So sorry to hear you are having problems.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

5 years post op w/bone fragments

Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
      I was under the impression that bone fragments would be reabsorbed by the body. Of course, I may be wrong. So sorry to hear you are having problems.
      Sally
      Hi loves to skate! Hope you are doing well. Its been a long time : ) You very well could be right and I hope that you are. I'm not even certain that where these fragments are could even be causing the pain that I do have. They may not be an issue at all. I'm not going to get to concerned until I get back to ortho and find out from the surgeon himself. Also, my original surgeon retired about 1 1/2 after my surgery (military hospital) but is practicing in our area. While I generally do very well all things considered this is just the push I need to get out of the spinal clinic at the naval hospital and get back to Dr. Fox. He can look at his own work and look at where I'm at know and we'll go from there! I will say this about Scoliosis, it's never dull is it?
      Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
      50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
      Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
      X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
      Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
      Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
      Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X