5th Anniversary on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Karen!

Thank you Suzie. Perhaps Melissa could rejoin under another name or a different email address? I do have Melissa's email address and emailed her some time ago, but received no reply. I thought at the time that she might be "over" talking about her problems and would rather just put her head down get on with it. I'm so sorry to hear about her fall 2 days before Christmas. "Oh no!!" doesn't quite cover it, does it, when she has been so dogged with bad luck over the years. If you speak to her again Suzie, would you tell her please, that I think of her often and as always, send my very best wishes. And I hope she's enjoying grandmotherhood!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Congrats!!

Jennifer--
      You've done so amazingly well! Plus, you are such a great poster and helpful to so many on here. And you've been so good about staying with the group. I've been absent for a while here but decided to check in and had to wish you well. Always felt close with you, since mine was just a few weeks later. I have a 5-year check with Dr. Lenke on March 26. Continue to have many, many more anniversaries and great health! Janet
      P.S. Glad to hear a bit about Melissa and a chance to get e-mail from Susie.
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Hi Janet, lovely to hear from you! How are you doing now - you were having some problems last time we spoke. Congrats on your 5th anniversary, coming up! If you're anything like me, you'll think those years have zoomed by. Take care and let us know what Dr. Lenke says on the 26th.

Comment

Yeah, Jennifer! Your 5 year report is very encouraging!
          Peg
          61 yrs old
          75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
          T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
          Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

Hi, Jennifer--
            Yes, those years have been fast! I'm totally enjoying retirement and right now we've been on the Gulf Coast for a few weeks escaping the cold and snow. I am basically doing OK. Still some nagging pain issues on my left side somewhat same area as last Oct./Nov. but without all the other problems. They never could figure it out after every test in the book but our suspicion was that while on vacation I was exposed to mold--the place smelled moldy! It seems to hit your weakest area. I've heard many tales about how bad mold can be. My GP said it can cause a rise in SED rates and CRP. So I'm basically OK. Thanks for asking! Janet
            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Great to hear those problems have resolved, Janet! Love to hear that - no treatment required. Yess!

Hope your left side discomfort resolves eventually too. Enjoy your anniversary and do something special for yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X