Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 83

Thread: Rhinos

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,108
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    You are affirming they never saved nobody from surgery, so YOU MUST to prove that.
    No. The person making the positive claim has to pony up the evidence.

    In the case of Clear that has been around for over ten years, we can start to make tentative conclusions it doesn't work by the lack of evidence to date and from first principles (Clear = Chiro = not a science).
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,495
    Your lack of logics leads you to say what you say. I cannot know if there are evidence (you don't know what it means) so I asked you how you are sure there are not. Since you are saying YOU KNOW that, you MUST TO PROVE IT. I don't expect you may follow this reasoning as of course it would be absurd to expect you may judge what has to do with science and what not.
    The lack of articles showing evidence as someone said you in your thread trying to defame Schroth may have other reasons.
    But I'm wasting my time talking with a quack saying to be a scientist and also not having respect for the serious case of this girl as everyone here has.
    Last edited by flerc; 02-12-2014 at 10:10 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,108
    Prove there are not invisible purple wombats living on the far side of Pluto that are controlling the stock market.

    Same principle.

    The person making the positive claim of efficacy for a treatment has the burden of proof.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    If you are decided to convince people that only surgery works in order to avoid the reasons leading to have surgery, you should to begin convincing scientists, researchers, doctors, surgeons.. saying exactly the opposite and not to people of this forum, having not enough background, knowledge, time.. and having the real need to get information in these sections. Is definetly immoral what you are doing here. If you would not be dishonest, at least you would prove you are really a scientist as you are saying to be. None scientist in the world has a lack of logics as you show every time you have. For me is clear you are saying this to give more wieght to your preaches, so for me you are a quack and I have not time to waste talking with one.
    Try to get some logics background.. and stop to hijacking this serious thread!.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,108
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    Try to get some logics background.. and stop to hijacking this serious thread!.
    I've highlighted in red the fallacy you are committing.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philoso...urden_of_proof

    Holder of the burden

    When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. The fallacy of an argument from ignorance occurs if, when a claim is challenged, the burden of proof is shifted to be on the challenger.[1]
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,495
    Sorry but EVEN under a legal point of view, people affirming in a categorical way something against others are who must to prove it.
    You said there is not evidence CLEAR saved someone for surgery, so you must to prove it.
    But is typical on you to not prove what you affirm.

    And certainly to make google searches is not exactly the way I think you may get some logics background..
    And again

    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    If you are decided to convince people that only surgery works in order to avoid the reasons leading to have surgery, you should to begin convincing scientists, researchers, doctors, surgeons.. saying exactly the opposite and not to people of this forum, having not enough background, knowledge, time.. and having the real need to get information in these sections. Is definetly immoral what you are doing here. If you would not be dishonest, at least you would prove you are really a scientist as you are saying to be. None scientist in the world has a lack of logics as you show every time you have. For me is clear you are saying this to give more wieght to your preaches, so for me you are a quack and I have not time to waste talking with one.
    stop to hijacking this serious thread!.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,108
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    Sorry but EVEN under a legal point of view, people affirming in a categorical way something against others are who must to prove it.
    You said there is not evidence CLEAR saved someone for surgery, so you must to prove it.
    But is typical on you to not prove what you affirm.
    Claims are made. I ask for evidence. You tell me I need to prove the claims false.

    If there is no evidence, I get to point that out. I don't need to prove it. All you need to do to "prove" me wrong is pony up the evidence that there is evidence. You NEVER do. My claim that there is no evidence STANDS.

    There either is or is not evidence. Chiro has been around for over 100 years and still is not a science. Game-Set-Match.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,495
    You have not respect for this girl. Your only interest is to promote (in an immoral way) surgery as the only option that can work .

    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    Also in this serious thread where it seems that the life of a girl is in risk, she is hijacking it as she does with all non surgical threads.

    So I decided to continue here.


    Is the same for you to ask for the proof of something and say that this something is false?

    Something= proof about positive outcomes. Do you follow me?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    Pooka1 and Flerc. Just for ONCE on this VERY SERIOUS matter PLEASE stop fighting. You are both in AGREEMENT that this young lady NEEDS to see a surgeon in order to save her life!

    Everything else either one of you are posting is a moot point on THIS THREAD.

    Whether CLEAR works on small curves is up to the CLEAR people to prove, not either one of you.

    People with non-life threatening curves going to CLEAR are free to do so. It's up to THEM to decide. If they get duped, then that is their fault for not doing the research into this type of treatment and asking for proof that it works. Unfortunately, it's usually kids who ultimately pay the price. With that said, if the treatment fails, they end up getting surgery just the same as if any other treatment fails. Bracing works on SOME kids, yet others end up needing surgery.

    Pooka1, we get your point. You don't want to see ANY kid put through torturous treatments, have their parent's pocket books drained, and end up on the operating table, anyway. You view it as double jeopardy because the surgery is tough, so why put the kid through BOTH. You believe chiropractic to be pseudoscience because they can't prove what a subluxation is.

    Flerc, we get your point. It's worth TRYING even if it's physically and emotionally hard on the kid, and it's the parent's money to spend, if there is ANY chance that the kid can avoid surgery, which you feel is tough but in a worse way than any alternative treatment. You feel that there may be some principles of physics and mechanical dynamic behind this approach that hasn't been proven, yet, but may be proven later on.

    This is clearly a different issue.

    This is one beautiful young lady that is dying because alternative medicine can't help her.

    You BOTH agree on this. Let's clap in applause!!! (focus on that for just one minute)

    But, PLEASE, argue somewhere else about treatments of smaller curves so that the focus remains on this precious young lady.

    Enough said.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,495
    Rohrer of course I'm not enough insane to hijack this thread, so as I showed above I opened this: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...rgical-threads! where she may continue saying what she use to says out of this thread.
    Last edited by flerc; 02-12-2014 at 01:25 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,108
    Rohrer, good points.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    6,274
    Quote Originally Posted by rohrer01 View Post
    Pooka1 and Flerc. Just for ONCE on this VERY SERIOUS matter PLEASE stop fighting. You are both in AGREEMENT that this young lady NEEDS to see a surgeon in order to save her life!

    Everything else either one of you are posting is a moot point on THIS THREAD.

    Whether CLEAR works on small curves is up to the CLEAR people to prove, not either one of you.

    People with non-life threatening curves going to CLEAR are free to do so. It's up to THEM to decide. If they get duped, then that is their fault for not doing the research into this type of treatment and asking for proof that it works. Unfortunately, it's usually kids who ultimately pay the price. With that said, if the treatment fails, they end up getting surgery just the same as if any other treatment fails. Bracing works on SOME kids, yet others end up needing surgery.

    Pooka1, we get your point. You don't want to see ANY kid put through torturous treatments, have their parent's pocket books drained, and end up on the operating table, anyway. You view it as double jeopardy because the surgery is tough, so why put the kid through BOTH. You believe chiropractic to be pseudoscience because they can't prove what a subluxation is.

    Flerc, we get your point. It's worth TRYING even if it's physically and emotionally hard on the kid, and it's the parent's money to spend, if there is ANY chance that the kid can avoid surgery, which you feel is tough but in a worse way than any alternative treatment. You feel that there may be some principles of physics and mechanical dynamic behind this approach that hasn't been proven, yet, but may be proven later on.

    This is clearly a different issue.

    This is one beautiful young lady that is dying because alternative medicine can't help her.

    You BOTH agree on this. Let's clap in applause!!! (focus on that for just one minute)

    But, PLEASE, argue somewhere else about treatments of smaller curves so that the focus remains on this precious young lady.

    Enough said.
    Agreed. Fierc apparently has to try to bait Sharon every chance he gets, and I'm sick of it.
    Last edited by LindaRacine; 02-12-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    Rohrer of course I'm not enough insane to hijack this thread, so as I showed above I opened this: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...rgical-threads! where she may continue saying what she use to says out of this thread.
    It was delete (the kind of help she usually receives) so probably she will continues doing her immoral work here, it could not surprise noone of course. Even probably they ban me.. the non surgical defaming must go on!.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    6,274
    Quote Originally Posted by susancook View Post
    Strange that the head X-ray is a different one than the body X-ray. Looks like 2 X-rays are glued together. Her shoulders appear to be fairly straight in the photo, but marked distorted on the X-ray. I believe that the photo is a different person and the X-ray is a contrived X-ray of 2 different people.

    Susan
    Not strange at all. Chiropractors almost never have 36" radiograph equipment. To me, based on the cervical match, I think the head xray belongs to the same patient as the cervicothoracic xray. Though Abby's curve is really bad, she's actually very well balanced, so her shoulders are fairly level.

    --Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaRacine View Post
    Agreed. Fierc apparently has to bait Sharon every chance he gets, and I'm sick of it.
    People are not stupid!! Is obvious you are helping her to do her immoral work and you are trying to justify to ban me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •