Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 83

Thread: Rhinos

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    I was only commenting about how people may trust blindly. If this is really a fraud as it seems to be, is even more incredible for me that nobody denounced them. It should to be some law forbidding this kind of dishonest behaviours.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,081
    I am perennially perplexed at why the Better Business Bureau does not crack down on chiros dealing with scoliosis for anything other than pain.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    About something so complex as scoliosis is, I don’t believe in quit conclusions as ‘some chiropractors saying to reducing curves seems to be dishonest then chiropractic only should be allowed to trait pain’. Nobody as I know can a priori demonstrate chiropractic cannot be useful for something more than pain so these kinds of generalization are not good.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,081
    Chiro is not a science. It is built on a throne of imaginary "chiro subluxations" where no two chiros can look at a radiograph and agree where they are.

    It works for pain like massage works for pain or by freeing a trapped nerve, all of which is medicine, not woo-woo.

    Nobody has ever shown that there is a "there" there uniquely with chiro.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    Do you know how they can turn a stiff spine into a flexible one? Are you able to demonstrate is something useless in order to something different to control pain?
    If you want you may also say something similar about Yoga, Qui Gong or other of the ancient eastern disciplines as chiropractic really is or even about bracing, reinvented in different points of the planet through ages. You even may forbid all of them and destroy every record of their existence but also you may be sure that will be reinvented again and used in scoliosis cases again and not only for pain.. and so on.. at least until a definite and good solution arise for every one.

    And of course there is a big difference in just only saying something and demonstrating it.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    But if you are really convinced that only surgery works for scoliois, and everyone saying something different is a quack, you may begin demonstrating that at least in some case you are right. You should denounce this fundraiser saying they are saying to be helpiong that girl without giving any proof to ingeneous people. It would be really something right!
    Last edited by flerc; 02-10-2014 at 12:49 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,081
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    Do you know how they can turn a stiff spine into a flexible one? Are you able to demonstrate is something useless in order to something different to control pain?
    A) what is the relevance of turning a stiff spine flexible to saving a single person from fusion surgery?
    B) what is the evidence chiro can turn a stiff spine flexible?

    The irrelevancies seem to multiple out of control.

    I do not understand why anyone speaks of conservative treatments in terms other than stopping progression or pain such that fusion can be avoided. Instead we have one million points made that are completely irrelevant to the bottom line.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    You should denounce this fundraiser saying they are saying to be helpiong that girl without giving any proof to ingeneous people. It would be really something right![
    I'm not sure, it would be a quack denouncing other quack.. supposing that people are really dishonests.
    Last edited by flerc; 02-10-2014 at 04:56 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    A) what is the relevance of turning a stiff spine flexible to saving a single person from fusion surgery?
    B) what is the evidence chiro can turn a stiff spine flexible?

    The irrelevancies seem to multiple out of control.

    I do not understand why anyone speaks of conservative treatments in terms other than stopping progression or pain such that fusion can be avoided. Instead we have one million points made that are completely irrelevant to the bottom line.
    If you are decided to convince people that only surgery works in order to avoid the reasons leading to have surgery, you should to begin convincing scientists, researchers, doctors, surgeons.. saying exactly the opposite and not to people of this forum, having not enough background, knowledge, time.. and having the real need to get information in these sections. Is definetly immoral what you are doing here. If you would not be dishonest, at least you would prove you are really a scientist as you are saying to be. None scientist in the world has a lack of logics as you show every time you have. For me is clear you are saying this to give more wieght to your preaches, so for me you are a quack and I have not time to waste talking with one.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    6,213
    Quote Originally Posted by titaniumed View Post
    The FDA can move into a implant hardware manufacturing facility, lock the doors, and do a “destructive purge” of ALL materials. This is complete control over their sales, over what they do, and how they conduct their business. Its truly amazing when you think about how much power they have. I have seen this happen. Everyone thinks hardware manufacturers are profiting beyond belief and its just not the case.
    Not to get completely off topic, but, well, some kind of are. :-) The $500 million that Medtronic makes on INFUSE every year is a pretty good example.

    Abby has posted on Facebook:

    https://www.facebook.com/StopDiscrim...32569776839079
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,081
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaRacine View Post
    Some of those responses are absolutely breath-taking. This is proof the education system is failing people when it comes to science. I blame the evil forces arrayed against science that promote superstition.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,081
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    If you are decided to convince people that only surgery works in order to avoid the reasons leading to have surgery,
    It is interesting how you interpret my calls for evidence that conservative treatments let people avoid surgery for life as trying to convince people that only surgery works.

    I don't make the news... I just ask for evidence which never seems to be forthcoming. You should know that your mode of discourse is exactly the same as that of other people pushing counterfactual positions. Instead of providing evidence for the conservative treatment, they talk about anything and everything else.

    The bottom line is that people are looking to avoid surgery not just for a few years but for life. Which conservative treatments offer that? If there are some, why is there still surgery? If something doesn't make sense then it probably isn't true. As always.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaRacine View Post
    This post is so sad. This little girl is so hopeful! A 30o improvement might be considered successful treatment on a 50o curve, but certainly NOT a 143ocurve! Did they not tell this girl that anything over 50o will progress? If she continues on, this WILL kill her. There is no way that these Rhino people are going to get that curve under 50o! She doesn't have enough life left to accomplish that if she lived to be 80 years old! These people need to be reported. The parents are gullible. The child is going to believe the parents and put trust in the "evidence" that her curve has decreased. I'm sure her improved measurements were taken immediately AFTER treatment. Do they not know the added risks of getting cancer that they are putting her through by taking all these x-rays constantly? All this in an effort to avoid surgery in a LIFE-THREATENING curve! Why is there NO ONE reporting this to Child Protective Services!?

    Maybe flooding the inboxes of the leading surgeons with this web page would get a response...?
    1985 - Dx w/ painful AIS at 16 with 39* upper LEFT thoracic single curve.
    2000 - 41*
    2010 - 46* (T1 - T6) 38* (T6-L2) Now a double thoracic
    2012 - Dx w/ Cervical Muscle Dystonia.
    DDD L5/S1 with left nerve impingement
    Left SI joint dysfunction

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I just ask for evidence which never seems to be forthcoming.
    If there is an evidence which never seems to be forthcoming, is about about a certificate or what you want proving you are scientist as you say.
    And certainly every post yours is an evidence about the impossibility of such kind of evidence.
    You have no shame!
    Last edited by flerc; 02-11-2014 at 12:00 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by rohrer01 View Post
    This little girl is so hopeful! A 30o improvement might be considered successful treatment on a 50o curve, but certainly NOT a 143ocurve! Did they not tell this girl that anything over 50o will progress? If she continues on, this WILL kill her. There is no way that these Rhino people are going to get that curve under 50o!
    I continue thinking is a fraud, but if it would be true the 34° reduction, it would imply the treatment seems to be working, so it would be expected the reduction continues. Certainly there are physics reasons to be believe is very much difficult to reduce 30° in a 143° than in a 50°.
    You are saying that everyone with a curve > 50° need surgery, I think is something under discussion but I respect anyway your opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •