• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhinos

Someone knows something anout this?
    http://www.rhinosc.com/

http://www.rhinosc.com/abbys-road/

Look at THIS poor girl.........

Flerc, Dr Jane is a Chiropractor. She doesn’t have the training to be handling cases like this. This girl is serious.

Why is there a fundraiser when she can be done for free? Raising funds for medical technology?????

Thx for posting.

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Watch the video. These are CLEAR chiropractors. She states right in the beginning that this is a CLEAR center.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
        http://www.rhinosc.com/abbys-road/

Look at THIS poor girl.........

Flerc, Dr Jane is a Chiropractor. She doesn’t have the training to be handling cases like this. This girl is serious.

Why is there a fundraiser when she can be done for free? Raising funds for medical technology?????

Thx for posting.

Ed
        Ed, are they asking for money to keep her in CLEAR? That's awful! Her LIFE is in danger and these guys think they can help her? That is malpractice. ANY decent chiropractor would refer this girl on to a surgeon. Someone needs to contact her family and let her know where she can go to get real help... for free, as you said. My heart is breaking for this girl!
        Be happy!
        but we are alive today!

Comment

I didn't think it may belongs to Clear. As I periodicaly do I googled 'new scoliosis treatment' and this appeared. If it's Clear methodology is not something new.. and I didn't read about that girl.. Thanks Ed and Rohrer!
          Last edited by flerc; 02-09-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
            Ed, are they asking for money to keep her in CLEAR? That's awful! Her LIFE is in danger and these guys think they can help her? That is malpractice. ANY decent chiropractor would refer this girl on to a surgeon. Someone needs to contact her family and let her know where she can go to get real help... for free, as you said. My heart is breaking for this girl!
            These Clear people have no shame. There is some chance this child can't have surgery but if so they should have stated that. As it stands now, that Clear chiro looks like a reprehensible asshat of a human being charging a desperately ignorant girl for a sheer nonsense treatment. Disgusting behavior.
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I find it hard to believe that there are no laws that mandate the referral of cases like this. We have seen this before with jaw dropping deformity cases and parameters need to be set. These children rely on their parents who are lied to, and simply don’t know, all because of greed. Multiple opinions are the only way to combat this. I don’t believe that she was surgically rejected. I don’t believe that this girl would be turned away from Shriners or any institution because of lack of insurance.

Another troubling thing is the fact that people collect money for a cause, and put that money in their pockets with no shame. For those that want to donate, please know who you are donating to. Believe me, you can do a world of good knowing where the funds are going before you write that check. If you need a list of crooked charities, please simply google for this information. When you donate to a cause that supports a disease that you finally get and ask for help and hit roadblocks of NON-support, you will understand completely how bitter I feel about this subject matter. This happened with my father, so you know who I’m talking about.

The FDA can move into a implant hardware manufacturing facility, lock the doors, and do a “destructive purge” of ALL materials. This is complete control over their sales, over what they do, and how they conduct their business. Its truly amazing when you think about how much power they have. I have seen this happen. Everyone thinks hardware manufacturers are profiting beyond belief and its just not the case.

Why is it that with the people that actually matter the most, the people that choose the actual method or course of treatment, have no watchdogs? If they have a title that establishes trust and integrity, they should at least have some moral ethics.

Has any blood work been done on this girl? This is one of the first things that is done with medical professionals upon stubbing your finger.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I do support Chiropractic. I have been adjusted by 15 Chiropractors over the last 28 years....Please bear in mind that this was done for pain control only after visiting a few orthopedics and scoliosis surgeons and had their permission while delaying my sorely need surgeries. In my case with double 70 degree curves, no correction was obtained as an adult. It’s a nice thought, and we need hope sometimes, but the truth of the matter is that scoliosis, and kyphosis remains a complicated disorder that goes way beyond the curves.

Ed
              49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
              Pre surgery curves T70,L70
              ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
              Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

I doubt very much this girl could be a real case. I personally know people with 'giant' curves over 80º in perfect state really, but 143º.. if it would be true she should to be running a serious life risk. What if she really dies? I cannot believe they may be so fool..

Comment

Flerc,
                  There were a couple of teenage boys on here with curves nearly that large. Both of them corrected to amazing levels, but sadly one ending up paralyzed. I believe that this is a real case. Did you see her x-ray? To even surgically fix this would take months, as with those boys who spent many weeks in halo traction before surgery. I think one had a surgical "release" prior to traction. I'm not sure if the other one did, but know that he didn't tolerate the traction as well. Poor kids!
                  Be happy!
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

Probably they are getting money and only posted a photo and one x-ray.. How are you sure that THAT Abby really exists? Can you meet her?
                    Last edited by flerc; 02-09-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I can only be as sure as anyone else. They got those x-rays from somewhere. It could be a scam to get donations. I'm not denying that. People fall prey to these kinds of scams all of the time. I think someone ought to turn these guys in for trying to raise money for themselves. If they were really that concerned for this little girl, they would treat her for FREE, better yet, SEND HER TO A REAL DOCTOR!
                      Be happy!
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

This looks like a genuine case to me. I have friends who had, or had, curves larger than this. One (a lady in her 50s) lives with a 155 degree curve - she does well but she is on biPap to help her breathe. The other (in her 30s) had 140+ degree curves which were surgically corrected down to the 70s a few years ago, and she lives a great life now.

CLEAR ought to be ashamed of themselves. I note that some CLEAR doctors are actually moving away from using the CLEAR name and are using a newer name for the same treatments now - possibly because of all the poor publicity CLEAR has generated over the years.

ETA info I noted previously at SSO:

"You may be interested to know that Morningstar, Stitzel (former director of the CLEAR Institute), Elmer (co-inventor of the Tornadosuit and Pettibon practitioner), Dovorany (former lead instructor at the CLEAR Institute), and Siddiqui ("Dr Sid", CLEAR Institute chiro) have set up the "International Scoliosis Chiropractic Board", which is intended to promote the treatments that they have devised. It appears that they are all distancing themselves from the CLEAR and Pettibon names, but are now offering the same treatments under various new names including "ScoliSMART", "Scoliosis Boot Camp", and "ARC-3D". The Tornadosuit also appears to be offered under the name of "Scoliosis Activity Suit"."

Comment

Originally posted by tonibunny View Post
                          This looks like a genuine case to me. I have friends who had, or had, curves larger than this. One (a lady in her 50s) lives with a 155 degree curve - she does well but she is on biPap to help her breathe. The other (in her 30s) had 140+ degree curves which were surgically corrected down to the 70s a few years ago, and she lives a great life now.

CLEAR ought to be ashamed of themselves. I note that some CLEAR doctors are actually moving away from using the CLEAR name and are using a newer name for the same treatments now - possibly because of all the poor publicity CLEAR has generated over the years.

ETA info I noted previously at SSO:

"You may be interested to know that Morningstar, Stitzel (former director of the CLEAR Institute), Elmer (co-inventor of the Tornadosuit and Pettibon practitioner), Dovorany (former lead instructor at the CLEAR Institute), and Siddiqui ("Dr Sid", CLEAR Institute chiro) have set up the "International Scoliosis Chiropractic Board", which is intended to promote the treatments that they have devised. It appears that they are all distancing themselves from the CLEAR and Pettibon names, but are now offering the same treatments under various new names including "ScoliSMART", "Scoliosis Boot Camp", and "ARC-3D". The Tornadosuit also appears to be offered under the name of "Scoliosis Activity Suit"."
                          Thanks for this information, Toni.

Best regards always,
                          Sharon

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

If they reduced the curve to 109° as they said, why they are posting only one x-ray? I cannot believe may be people so ingenuous to trust in what they says without any proof.

Comment

A) It doesn't matter at all that they reduced to curve to 109*. It isn't permanent just like everything Clear claims is not permanent.
                              B) They didn't reduce the curve at all. They are mistaken or lying.

You waste your time analyzing nonsense. It's nonsense.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                              X