Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83

Thread: Rhinos

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,492

    Rhinos

    Someone knows something anout this?
    http://www.rhinosc.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    reno,nevada
    Posts
    2,799
    http://www.rhinosc.com/abbys-road/

    Look at THIS poor girl.........

    Flerc, Dr Jane is a Chiropractor. She doesn’t have the training to be handling cases like this. This girl is serious.

    Why is there a fundraiser when she can be done for free? Raising funds for medical technology?????

    Thx for posting.

    Ed
    49 yr old male, now 55, the new 45...
    Pre surgery curves C12,T70,L70
    A/P T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

    Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

    My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    Watch the video. These are CLEAR chiropractors. She states right in the beginning that this is a CLEAR center.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by titaniumed View Post
    http://www.rhinosc.com/abbys-road/

    Look at THIS poor girl.........

    Flerc, Dr Jane is a Chiropractor. She doesn’t have the training to be handling cases like this. This girl is serious.

    Why is there a fundraiser when she can be done for free? Raising funds for medical technology?????

    Thx for posting.

    Ed
    Ed, are they asking for money to keep her in CLEAR? That's awful! Her LIFE is in danger and these guys think they can help her? That is malpractice. ANY decent chiropractor would refer this girl on to a surgeon. Someone needs to contact her family and let her know where she can go to get real help... for free, as you said. My heart is breaking for this girl!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    I didn't think it may belongs to Clear. As I periodicaly do I googled 'new scoliosis treatment' and this appeared. If it's Clear methodology is not something new.. and I didn't read about that girl.. Thanks Ed and Rohrer!
    Last edited by flerc; 02-09-2014 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,092
    Quote Originally Posted by rohrer01 View Post
    Ed, are they asking for money to keep her in CLEAR? That's awful! Her LIFE is in danger and these guys think they can help her? That is malpractice. ANY decent chiropractor would refer this girl on to a surgeon. Someone needs to contact her family and let her know where she can go to get real help... for free, as you said. My heart is breaking for this girl!
    These Clear people have no shame. There is some chance this child can't have surgery but if so they should have stated that. As it stands now, that Clear chiro looks like a reprehensible asshat of a human being charging a desperately ignorant girl for a sheer nonsense treatment. Disgusting behavior.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    reno,nevada
    Posts
    2,799
    I find it hard to believe that there are no laws that mandate the referral of cases like this. We have seen this before with jaw dropping deformity cases and parameters need to be set. These children rely on their parents who are lied to, and simply don’t know, all because of greed. Multiple opinions are the only way to combat this. I don’t believe that she was surgically rejected. I don’t believe that this girl would be turned away from Shriners or any institution because of lack of insurance.

    Another troubling thing is the fact that people collect money for a cause, and put that money in their pockets with no shame. For those that want to donate, please know who you are donating to. Believe me, you can do a world of good knowing where the funds are going before you write that check. If you need a list of crooked charities, please simply google for this information. When you donate to a cause that supports a disease that you finally get and ask for help and hit roadblocks of NON-support, you will understand completely how bitter I feel about this subject matter. This happened with my father, so you know who I’m talking about.

    The FDA can move into a implant hardware manufacturing facility, lock the doors, and do a “destructive purge” of ALL materials. This is complete control over their sales, over what they do, and how they conduct their business. Its truly amazing when you think about how much power they have. I have seen this happen. Everyone thinks hardware manufacturers are profiting beyond belief and its just not the case.

    Why is it that with the people that actually matter the most, the people that choose the actual method or course of treatment, have no watchdogs? If they have a title that establishes trust and integrity, they should at least have some moral ethics.

    Has any blood work been done on this girl? This is one of the first things that is done with medical professionals upon stubbing your finger.

    Anyone who has read my posts knows that I do support Chiropractic. I have been adjusted by 15 Chiropractors over the last 28 years....Please bear in mind that this was done for pain control only after visiting a few orthopedics and scoliosis surgeons and had their permission while delaying my sorely need surgeries. In my case with double 70 degree curves, no correction was obtained as an adult. It’s a nice thought, and we need hope sometimes, but the truth of the matter is that scoliosis, and kyphosis remains a complicated disorder that goes way beyond the curves.

    Ed
    49 yr old male, now 55, the new 45...
    Pre surgery curves C12,T70,L70
    A/P T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

    Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

    My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    I doubt very much this girl could be a real case. I personally know people with 'giant' curves over 80º in perfect state really, but 143º.. if it would be true she should to be running a serious life risk. What if she really dies? I cannot believe they may be so fool..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    Flerc,
    There were a couple of teenage boys on here with curves nearly that large. Both of them corrected to amazing levels, but sadly one ending up paralyzed. I believe that this is a real case. Did you see her x-ray? To even surgically fix this would take months, as with those boys who spent many weeks in halo traction before surgery. I think one had a surgical "release" prior to traction. I'm not sure if the other one did, but know that he didn't tolerate the traction as well. Poor kids!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Probably they are getting money and only posted a photo and one x-ray.. How are you sure that THAT Abby really exists? Can you meet her?
    Last edited by flerc; 02-09-2014 at 03:38 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    I can only be as sure as anyone else. They got those x-rays from somewhere. It could be a scam to get donations. I'm not denying that. People fall prey to these kinds of scams all of the time. I think someone ought to turn these guys in for trying to raise money for themselves. If they were really that concerned for this little girl, they would treat her for FREE, better yet, SEND HER TO A REAL DOCTOR!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    404
    This looks like a genuine case to me. I have friends who had, or had, curves larger than this. One (a lady in her 50s) lives with a 155 degree curve - she does well but she is on biPap to help her breathe. The other (in her 30s) had 140+ degree curves which were surgically corrected down to the 70s a few years ago, and she lives a great life now.

    CLEAR ought to be ashamed of themselves. I note that some CLEAR doctors are actually moving away from using the CLEAR name and are using a newer name for the same treatments now - possibly because of all the poor publicity CLEAR has generated over the years.

    ETA info I noted previously at SSO:

    "You may be interested to know that Morningstar, Stitzel (former director of the CLEAR Institute), Elmer (co-inventor of the Tornadosuit and Pettibon practitioner), Dovorany (former lead instructor at the CLEAR Institute), and Siddiqui ("Dr Sid", CLEAR Institute chiro) have set up the "International Scoliosis Chiropractic Board", which is intended to promote the treatments that they have devised. It appears that they are all distancing themselves from the CLEAR and Pettibon names, but are now offering the same treatments under various new names including "ScoliSMART", "Scoliosis Boot Camp", and "ARC-3D". The Tornadosuit also appears to be offered under the name of "Scoliosis Activity Suit"."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,092
    Quote Originally Posted by tonibunny View Post
    This looks like a genuine case to me. I have friends who had, or had, curves larger than this. One (a lady in her 50s) lives with a 155 degree curve - she does well but she is on biPap to help her breathe. The other (in her 30s) had 140+ degree curves which were surgically corrected down to the 70s a few years ago, and she lives a great life now.

    CLEAR ought to be ashamed of themselves. I note that some CLEAR doctors are actually moving away from using the CLEAR name and are using a newer name for the same treatments now - possibly because of all the poor publicity CLEAR has generated over the years.

    ETA info I noted previously at SSO:

    "You may be interested to know that Morningstar, Stitzel (former director of the CLEAR Institute), Elmer (co-inventor of the Tornadosuit and Pettibon practitioner), Dovorany (former lead instructor at the CLEAR Institute), and Siddiqui ("Dr Sid", CLEAR Institute chiro) have set up the "International Scoliosis Chiropractic Board", which is intended to promote the treatments that they have devised. It appears that they are all distancing themselves from the CLEAR and Pettibon names, but are now offering the same treatments under various new names including "ScoliSMART", "Scoliosis Boot Camp", and "ARC-3D". The Tornadosuit also appears to be offered under the name of "Scoliosis Activity Suit"."
    Thanks for this information, Toni.

    Best regards always,
    Sharon
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    If they reduced the curve to 109° as they said, why they are posting only one x-ray? I cannot believe may be people so ingenuous to trust in what they says without any proof.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,092
    A) It doesn't matter at all that they reduced to curve to 109*. It isn't permanent just like everything Clear claims is not permanent.
    B) They didn't reduce the curve at all. They are mistaken or lying.

    You waste your time analyzing nonsense. It's nonsense.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •