Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: cant find a doc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Question cant find a doc

    my name is cody,ive been diagnosed with severe scoliosis,my disc has collapsed,my hip is elevated higher on one side than the other,its causing pain in my joint down my leg to my ankle,the doctor said my ribs are twisted which causes the rib pain and my muscles and slightly pinched or something like that which is causing muscle spasms,im on a muscle relaxer that dosent do much,i finally got on disability due to it all,the thing is im on ga medicaid and cant find a spine doctor around me,my zip code is 30711 if anybody knows a place that would help me,thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    if you are on disability, are you not on Medicare, which
    would give you medical care....???
    not the greatest in the world for choosing surgeon maybe,
    but it is there for help...
    how severe is your severe...?
    asking cause i have hip pain too...bursitis in hip caused by the first shot for it Friday and it helped....very pleased about that...


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    here is a search from the Scoliosis Research Society…I don't know anything about any of them but maybe it's a start. Am I correct that you are in Georgia? Do you have a Care Coordinator who might be able to help you?

    Results (Page 1 of 1)
    Dheera Ananthakrishnan, MD, MSE
    Emory University
    59 Executive Park South
    Suite 3000
    Altanta, GA 30329 United States
    Phone: (404) 778-6306
    Fax: (404) 778-6376
    Specialties: Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions

    Justin V. Bundy, MD
    Augusta Orthopedics & Sports Specialists
    3650 J Dewey Circle
    Augusta, GA 30909 United States
    Phone: 706-863-9797
    Specialties: Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions

    John Kenneth Burkus, MD
    Hughston Orthopaedic Clinic
    PO Box 9517
    6262 Veterans Pkwy
    Columbus, GA 31908-9517
    Phone: (706) 494-3305
    Fax: (706) 494-3105
    Specialties: Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions, Juvenile/Infantile

    William C. Horton, MD
    Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center
    59 Executive Park South, Suite 3000
    Atlanta, GA 30329
    Phone: (404) 778-7115
    Fax: (404) 778-6378
    Specialties: Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions, Juvenile/Infantile

    Stephen B. James, DO
    1100 Northside Forsyth Drive
    Suite #340
    Cumming, GA 30041
    Phone: (770) 886-8111
    Fax: 678-341-6788
    Specialties: Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions

    James R. Malcolm, MD
    Pinnacle Orthopaedics
    300 Tower Road, Suite 200
    Marietta, GA 30060
    Phone: (770) 427-5717
    Fax: (770) 429-6503
    Specialties: Adolescent, Adult Scoliosis, Aging Spine, Degenerative Conditions
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

    mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

    also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    leahdragon fly thanks for the help and yes im in ga,and jrnyc mine does cause hip pain,it feels like my joint is rubbing together,also my knee hurts down to my ankle,all on the right side,is bascially ribs down to my ankle,i went to a orthopedic doc for my ankle and she said 99% of xrays she looks at people say they were diagnosed with scoliosis but actually didnt have it,she said its overly diagnosed but with me she said its severe,its one of the worst ones she has looked at,she says i need to see a spine specialist soon,im having spasms were my curve is,idk what they can do to fix my hip,back,and ribs,and nope they put me on medicaid and leahdragonfly ive never heard of a care cooridnator,how do i find out if i have one?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    what degree curve do you have....?
    are you curved top of spine, bottom, both....?

    i hope you find a surgeon who takes your medicaid...
    having govt coverage is not the best, sometimes it is all
    one can manage...

    i got relief from hip pain from steroid shot...
    i stopped shots for 2 years after it caused a reaction where
    cortisol dropped to zero and i was exhausted, like mono...
    that was caused by too much steroid to spine...i got alot of shots
    for back pain....too many...

    i hope you can find help with pain while you search for doctor...
    i tolerated my hip pain for almost a year now before i got
    shot in i need my blood checked for cortisol
    reading in a few weeks...

    good luck

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    jrnyc she said they didnt have a way to tell me my angle cause they dont specialize in spines,she said the nearest doctor is easy a hr and a half away,i ask her how is a person suppose to beable to run that far alot,on latest report it said lower lumbar,i guess it means my lower back,one doctor i seen for my disability review said he dosent recomend it and a brace wouldnt help so what do i do,im 20 how can somebody live like this,i have to either stay in bed or a recliner now as it is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts