Response: How one surgeon discusses BrAIST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hdugger View Post
    I'm saying that the information, itself, is not the sort of thing I'd encourage someone to locate. In fact, I'd almost say that, given the quality of the information being shared, I'm not sure I care that much whether it's easy for people to get to it.
    Understood about our concerns being a bit different.

However, I don't necessarily agree with your quote above. While I may disagree from time to time with something that is posted here, I think people should have easy access to it all. Why have parents, for example, waste their precious time digging through insults when their time could be so much better spent?

I'm sure the constant personal attacks are a turnoff for many as well.

I guess we'll have to agree not to see this issue exactly the same, which is OK - folks are expected to have different views on a forum and all views are important.
    Last edited by mariaf; 01-15-2014, 02:39 PM.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by hdugger View Post
      Personal invective is not evidence.

If you share evidence that I've said something about treatment which is just flatly wrong and misleading, please share that so that I can evaluate it, for myself, and make corrections in anything which I deem to be misleading.

Without that, you're simply calling names. Go find someone else who wants to engage in that. Come back when you have something substantive to discuss.
      Let's pick a topic, the Mooney affair for example, and see how far we get. I'll start a new thread.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
        That's certainly fair - and I didn't mean to imply that they were. I was addressing the fact that HD felt that he was being called names, but that others use much stronger language.

For instance, just in going over TWO threads (this one and the one about driving people away), you were referred to as:

"pathetic" (multiple times)

"unmoral" (multiple times)

a "non-surgical defamer"

a "fraud"

"irrational"

and it was alleged that you were trying to "intentionally confuse" people

Not to mention all the times it was mentioned that in this same poster's view, you should be banned from here or that the forum would be better off without you (which it would not)!

The point I was making is that if we are all being asked to play nice, it has to apply to ALL of us.
        If you see someone stealing and you call him a thief, do you may be accused to insult as you are accussing me?
        What did she do when she called me and other parents and member (drove away) desperates, ignorants and all what she used to say?
        Last edited by flerc; 01-15-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I perfectly may justify what I said, word by word, as when I called you an accomplice. Certainly it seemed me strange you didn't come to help her before.
          If this would be a serious forum, not allowing Pooka1 to do what she does, it would not be need for this, but it isn't of course.

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
            Why have parents, for example, waste their precious time digging through insults when their time could be so much better spent?
            I explained you about your wrong use of the term 'insult', you may say instead 'verbal agression', something of course very much complex and certainly, as I recognized once, Pooka1 know how to use it, she is probably the greater Master I have seen in a Forum.
            Last edited by flerc; 01-15-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

You may ask why to 'fight' here, yes. Is something stupid yes, but do you really don't know why? I should to believe you? See in non surgical threads what happened when she began to doing her work.
              Last edited by flerc; 01-15-2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Mariaf, I also said this.

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                If you would be someone wanting to confuse parents, trying to hide/distort important facts showed in braist studies, wanting to convince them than surgery is the only valid scoliosis treatment, what would you do? EXACTLY WHAT POOKA1 IS DOING OF COURSE! or helping her to do what she does in this forum.. the most visited scoliosis forum of the world. May someone imagine a better way to promote scoliosis surgery? I can't.
                Do you not agree? If not, what would you do? Tell me.

Comment

And don't give again wrong interpretetions about what I was really saying. I PERFECTLY MAY JUSTIFY ALL WHAT I SAID IN A JUDGMENT. I justified all before here of course but of course is part of this 'game'. We need to repeat and repeat the same arguments, so we cannot talk about non surgical options. And of course seeing what kind of forum is this, nobody wants to participates. Good work! (as I said.. how many times before?)

Comment

See in non surgical threads what happened when she began to doing her work.
                    Just only see the thread of the Braist study, what happened after I posted it.. how many weeks before?

Comment

• Originally posted by mariaf View Post
                      "unmoral" (multiple times)
                      I have been calling her ummoral? I dont remember really.. of course I refered to what she does as an immoral work. How do you want I called it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                        You have to ask why researchers aren't interested in this issue (if they aren't), not why us bunnies aren't interested.
                        How do you name this? 'friendly'?
                        Of course I didn't expect you'd come to help me, as you always come to help her.

Comment

• Originally posted by flerc View Post
                          I have been calling her ummoral? I dont remember really.. of course I refered to what she does as an immoral work. How do you want I called it?
                          Idem about 'pathetic'.

Comment

• Do you also believe I was insulting her when I said this?

If you be sane and honest and you would know enough about we are talking you would know this has nothing to do with the conclusion about brace EFFECTIVENESS remarked in the braist study (78%).
                            It seems you don't fullfil at least one of those conditions, sorry..
                            It would not surprise me. Do you believe is not true what I said?

Comment

• Originally posted by hdugger View Post
                              You'd have to take that up with Linda or the people at NSF. Similar questions have been raised for years here.
                              I know about some member describing to the Nsf authorities the unmoral Pooka1's work and why they believed it should to be stopped. Then threads were closed or deleted, some topics were forbidden for ever or other actions were taken, always in Pooka1's favour. Hence I said many times that only external actions may stop what she is doing here.

Comment

• I'd just like to add my .02 worth..

I'd like to say that my scoliosis journey began when I was diagnosed at 12. I then was connected with the Shriners who provide my care until I was 19.

I had two curves; thoracic and lumbar. My thorasic curve was quite aggressive and at age 14 I started wearing the Milwaukee brace 23 hours a day. **this was 1984; small Midwestern town in Iowa. My mom was divorced at that time, working and raising two kids.**
                                So, needless to say I wasn't the "norm". So what did I do? What any other teenager given half a chance would, I took it off. I would wait took she went to work, take it off and then make sure I had it back on by the time she got home.

When I was 16 I had my first scoliosis surgery. Bone graft at the top followed by Harrington Rods from T5-T7.

From that time on I was fine. I never had problems until about 5 years ago (age 38) when the pain started in my lumbar region.
                                Fast forward to May 2013 when I had surgery for my lumbar curve which had increased to 35 degrees. Then in September I had 2 more to fix more crap.

I guess what I'm saying is "here is the perspective of someone who had to face the consequences f their actions. Again, this is just my experience.

Christyne

Comment

Working...
                                X