Need surgeon for adult scoliois within 6-7 hours of Syracuse, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need surgeon for adult scoliois within 6-7 hours of Syracuse, NY

I have had the scoliosis since teen years... now 53 and with a degenerating disk, curve worsening, and my body twists so (apparently from instability), that I am considering scoliosis surgery. One local surgeon turned me down but I do not think he really does many adult scoliosis surgeries. I prefer it to be at a major medical center- Johns Hopkins, Cleveland. Boston and NYC are so hard to navigate but could be considered. When my back hurts at its worst, I could not fly anywhere. I had a consultation at Hopkins but turns out I was put in with someone who does degenerative scoliosis and I have a thoraco-lumbar curve. I was referred to Dr. Kebaish if I go back to Hopkins. Any thoughts on surgeons? Hopkins? Kebaish?

Originally posted by Jean1020 View Post
    I have had the scoliosis since teen years... now 53 and with a degenerating disk, curve worsening, and my body twists so (apparently from instability), that I am considering scoliosis surgery. One local surgeon turned me down but I do not think he really does many adult scoliosis surgeries. I prefer it to be at a major medical center- Johns Hopkins, Cleveland. Boston and NYC are so hard to navigate but could be considered. When my back hurts at its worst, I could not fly anywhere. I had a consultation at Hopkins but turns out I was put in with someone who does degenerative scoliosis and I have a thoraco-lumbar curve. I was referred to Dr. Kebaish if I go back to Hopkins. Any thoughts on surgeons? Hopkins? Kebaish?
    I have heard only excellent things about Dr. Kebaish. I would be confident that he's more than qualified.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X