Thread: Need surgeon for adult scoliois within 6-7 hours of Syracuse, NY

Need surgeon for adult scoliois within 6-7 hours of Syracuse, NY

I have had the scoliosis since teen years... now 53 and with a degenerating disk, curve worsening, and my body twists so (apparently from instability), that I am considering scoliosis surgery. One local surgeon turned me down but I do not think he really does many adult scoliosis surgeries. I prefer it to be at a major medical center- Johns Hopkins, Cleveland. Boston and NYC are so hard to navigate but could be considered. When my back hurts at its worst, I could not fly anywhere. I had a consultation at Hopkins but turns out I was put in with someone who does degenerative scoliosis and I have a thoraco-lumbar curve. I was referred to Dr. Kebaish if I go back to Hopkins. Any thoughts on surgeons? Hopkins? Kebaish?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean1020 View Post
    I have had the scoliosis since teen years... now 53 and with a degenerating disk, curve worsening, and my body twists so (apparently from instability), that I am considering scoliosis surgery. One local surgeon turned me down but I do not think he really does many adult scoliosis surgeries. I prefer it to be at a major medical center- Johns Hopkins, Cleveland. Boston and NYC are so hard to navigate but could be considered. When my back hurts at its worst, I could not fly anywhere. I had a consultation at Hopkins but turns out I was put in with someone who does degenerative scoliosis and I have a thoraco-lumbar curve. I was referred to Dr. Kebaish if I go back to Hopkins. Any thoughts on surgeons? Hopkins? Kebaish?
    I have heard only excellent things about Dr. Kebaish. I would be confident that he's more than qualified.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.