Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Surgery, seeing your kid...

Hi,

I have 5 year old son, can somebody tell me after my (posterior spinal fusion) surgery when can I see him.

Thanks,
    Pal
    Upper Curve: 46 Degrees (pre-op 75 Degrees)
    Lower Curve: 23 Degrees (pre-op 64 Degrees)
    Posterior Spinal Fusion on Mar. 2nd 05
    Dr. Boachie

Hi Pal...

You should call the hospital and ask about their policy regarding small children. It may also depend on whether you end up in Intensive Care.

You probably won't want him to see you in the first 12 hours or so if you're having posterior surgery. When one has a face down surgery that lasts several hours, the face (actually the whole front of the body, but especially the face) becomes very swollen. It's quite alarming to the family if they're not warned.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Linda.

I have my pre surgery testing and visit to my hospital this Thrusday, will check with them about hospital policy.
      Dr. Boachie

Comment

I went for my pre surgery testing today and met with Hospital nurse, they said I won't be able to see my son 2-3 days after surgery even after 3 days, I can see him only in Family Atrium and not in my room.

Pal
        Dr. Boachie

Comment

I just had a posterior fusion on Friday 2-18-05 from T3-L1, and they let me see my 2-year-old daughter whenever I wanted to. I knew she would be really scared, so I didn't let her see me in ICU. She saw me on the third day. She was really scared of me, and wouldn't kiss me or anything.

She is being so cute now that I am home, though. She helps pick things up for me, and keeps reaching over and patting me. She has hurt me a few times trying to hug me. I winced, and she started to cry. She always says to me, "Your back hurt?" That's about the only thing she understands about what's happening to me.

Comment

Jenyak, Which hospital did you had surgery...
            Dr. Boachie

Comment

Working...
            X