Social Security Disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Security Disability

My Social Security Disability Insurance hearing with the administrative law judge is coming up early next year. I have waited a year and eight months.

If you had Scoliosis/Harrington Rod surgery and now have Degenerative Disc Disease/lumbar stenosis/flatback as a result (and you have appeared in front of an Administrative Law Judge in the past five years,) I would appreciate hearing about your experiences at trial.

Please no unasked for comments or opinions about going on disability. I'm in enough pain as it is, and I just want to hear from those who have been through the process. I have a lawyer and tons of records and letters from doctors, but as I'm under fifty the Social Security rules are much tougher for me. I would especially like to hear from anyone else who was under fifty at time of trial.

Thanks for your understanding about keeping this thread on track.
    1st surgery: Fused T1-L3 in 1987 with contoured Harrington Rods. Rods broke at top.
    2nd surgery: Re-done two weeks later; fused C7-L3. Left in chronic pain.
    3rd surgery: Hardware removal 1997, but still pain for 30 years.
    4th Surgery: Fused to the sacrum in 2016. Came out of surgery with left foot paralysis. (Drop Foot) Can't walk on my own.
    I'm blessed to have found my peace and reason to live not from a husband or kids (I have none) but from God and within myself.

please update

hi I too have scoliosis- DDD- age 53. Wondering how long I will be able to work- please let us know how your case progresses- I would appreciate if you share the logistics. I am a teacher- in a state retirement system. Wondering if an early retirement will be better than disability... financial wise? I have to work 3.5 more years at minimum.

Comment

I got my disability!

I received a favorable decision in my Disability hearing today.
      I will be posting another thread with details in the regular surgery forum since I know many people will want to know details and I want to help people by providing information in case they are going through the same thing.
      1st surgery: Fused T1-L3 in 1987 with contoured Harrington Rods. Rods broke at top.
      2nd surgery: Re-done two weeks later; fused C7-L3. Left in chronic pain.
      3rd surgery: Hardware removal 1997, but still pain for 30 years.
      4th Surgery: Fused to the sacrum in 2016. Came out of surgery with left foot paralysis. (Drop Foot) Can't walk on my own.
      I'm blessed to have found my peace and reason to live not from a husband or kids (I have none) but from God and within myself.

Comment

Working...
      X