Surgery 11-13/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery 11-13/2013

Well, the day is almost here! I go in tomorrow for the central line placement (which I did not have with my last surgery) and Wednesday is S-day! I am ready but nervous for the after math of pain to come! But excited to get this chapter done! So I leave for St. Louis at 7:00 am. I will check in with you all when my faculties come back. My husband will be posting on my Facebook page, so if I'm not already friends look me up!

Tamena Estes
    Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Good luck, Tamena! Wishing you successful surgery and speedy recovery. I know, these last days might be nerve-wracking, but you're almost there.
    I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
    45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
    A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Tamena--
      Very best of luck tomorrow. You'll be in good hands in St. Louis! Janet
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Tamena, You are in my prayers and thoughts. Surgery will be over soon and then the healing begins!
        Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Wishing you all the best Tamena!
          Marianne
          rotoscoliosis, subluxation and spinal stenosis
          Surgery April 15, 2015 at age 67
          T11-L5
          Decompression with multiple discectomies
          Concord cages @ L2-3, L3-4, L4-5
          Osteotomies and local bone grafting
          Revision Feb.22, 2018
          Replaced rods
          Took out L5 disk to free up nerves
          Used BPM to help with fusing
          Fused T10-S1 with screws in pelvis

Comment

Good Luck Tamena!! I had my surgery at Barns and Jewish Hospital. (Dr. Lenke). Great place.!! You will be well taken good care of. You will do great! I don't know your Facebook, so "someone" please post here to keep me in the loop about Tamena. Warm soft Hug for you Tamena!! Linda
            Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
            Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
            This started adult onset scoliosis
            July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
            Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
            Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
            May 30th 2013 revision
            May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
            May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Thanks guys! I am waiting to get the central line placed as I type. Thanks for all the prayers and support!
              Tamena

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

We are all wishing you a blessed recovery. Do remember it takes time. Lot's of well wishes being sent to you!!!
                T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                Right scapulectomy 6/15
                Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                Broken neck 9/28/2018
                Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                Osteotomy

Comment

Central line is in. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Now to get some sleep for tomorrow's festivities!

Braced till age 15

Comment

Tamena, you mentioned that you did not have a central line during the last surgery. Well, I was trying to figure out how I had such extensive surgery (ten hours) and no cutdown for a central venous line inserted by the clavicle. According to Linda, the anesthesiologist can insert a central venous line through a peripheral IV insertion. So, you may have had a central line with your last surgery, it was just inserted peripherally.

I will be excited to hear how you are doing after surgery. I know that you will do well as you are in good hands. Take care and try to relax and have faith and confidence in the competence of your surgeon. You did your homework on choosing your surgeon, now relax and let him practice his craft.

Sending good vibrations your way. Trust me, the fusion to the sacrum really is not very limiting. I am very surprised.

Hugs, Susan
                    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection

Comment

I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I'll look for updates on Facebook.
                      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                      Rib Hump-GONE!
                      Age-60 at the time of surgery
                      Now 66
                      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Wow, Tamena. I've been out of the loop for too long. It seems like you just had surgery. I'm so sorry you need more surgery. Hopefully you're getting your rest right now. I wish you all the best for the morning's operation.

((((gentle hugs))))
                        Be happy!
                        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                        but we are alive today!

Comment

Time to rock and roll! See you all on the other side!

Braced till age 15

Comment

You hang in there Tam

Thinking of you....

Ed
                            49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                            Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                            ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                            Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                            http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by tae_tap View Post
                              Time to rock and roll! See you all on the other side!
                              You go, girl! Hope that you feel the love and support from everyone! Susan

Comment

Working...
                              X