Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infected hardware info/help for those who have dealt with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Janet,

So far so good! Let us know how the blood tests go in a couple of weeks. Is your pain in the T12 area?
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

The pain was lower left back and lower left front of me. When it wrapped around to the front it was more like stomach/organ pains. The pain has subsided a lot in last few days. I actually went to a facsial massage therapist my daughter insisted I go to in MN. I had actually recommended her to my daughter thru the one I see here. She did some very suble movements and talked about "organs" getting into right place. She also asked about meds and when I said I was on Lipitor generic, she suggested I might go off for a bit. Either one or both helped cuz the pain is so much less.

People in constant pain should check out the cholesterol meds. My husband, dad, and very good friend all had horrible, horrible pains. Went off those meds and were better almost the next day. I've heard this story so many times, I refused to take any for years. I tried all the alternatives but still was 288. Finally gave in and said I'd try and didn't think there was anything that changed so have taken them for a few years but thought I'm willing to try without! Some of that stuff is so bad for aches and pains. Just my FYI for the day! Janet
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

I've heard the same thing about cholesterol meds.

I'm so glad the pain is subsiding. Hopefully it will go completely. Good luck Janet!

Comment

How are you doing, Janet? Hoping your worries have eased.

Comment

Jennifer--
            Well, I feel just fine but 2 weeks ago they redid the tests and they are lower but still too high. The one that's supposed to be 1-20 was still 86 so I'm in the midst of a 3-part test. First day just injection, today scan, and redo scan tomorrow. This one is called the gallium scan--supposed to be super sensitive. My MRI was a bust. Spine just showed up black like Sally I think said too. I feel fine but concerned cuz I've lost about 10 pounds in little over a month for no reason. Normally I'd be so thrilled but seems very strange. Thanks for checking. Maybe I'll just have a mystery infection they can't decifer? Who knows? Janet
            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
            X