Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is PAIN in the top of TRAPEZIUS & the LEVATORE SCAPULAE related to SCOLIOSIS????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trap and Scapular pain

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
    Susan

Nice to have you back posting but not under these circumstances.....

I’ve had pain everywhere but in the scapula and or the traps. I’ve broken my arm, shoulder, had a shoulder rebuild, have 2 cervical herniation’s, been fused up to T2, but no scapula or trap pain......makes it hard to post. (smiley face)

I totally agree with Rohrer about deep massage.....I had one that almost killed me!

I spent $1000 per month for around 6 years on massages leading up to my surgeries. I did my massages at the famous Steamboat Springs here near Virginia City, even Mark Twain, and Ulysses Grant had massages there which I think is special....I found that soaking in the mineral tubs in that hot water, then immediately having the massage right after helped with the results....

After I was fused, I no longer needed the massages. My therapist was devastated! I don’t like the feeling of pressure over the rod section......

Facial massages are VERY nice.....I kinda miss those...

Maybe an NSAID would help.....our fire extinguishers. I like to keep a few handy just in case.

Ed
    Hi, Ed! It's good to hear from you and yes, it would be great if it were under different circumstances. Up until recently I generally didn't experience pain where my rods and other hardware were implanted. Most of my pain is above and around the rods, Rhomboids, Traps, Scapula. I do also at times have trouble with my ribs being sore on the right side as well. This is all definitely related to my Scoliosis and other degenerative conditions that exist. As for the massages, the worst part for me was having my back worked on. I never knew those Erector Spinae muscles hurt so bad until my massage therapist got in there with his elbow to work them out. My words to him, "Respect the rods!" I do have a pretty good medicine cabinet but what is frustrating is that nothing is helping. Valium use to work like a charm and I had been off it for a few years except for a few flare ups. Now, the Valium is not working. I saw on another post that I read last night that someone was prescribed Klonopin (?spelling). I'm wondering if that would work. Tramadol is like taking Tylenol, nothing. My PCM last week gave me Percocet but that is not helping either. I suppose I could take two but I'm not ready to take those measures. God bless my father because he is insisting that I get a hot tub and he will buy it. That is something that I do not want him to have to do but I'm going to look into a whirl pool bath tub to replace our tub in our bathroom. I wanted to put one in our kids bathroom when we remodeled not to long ago (thanks to a 14 year old and old pipes....fun story now, not last Easter!) But we didn't do it. I'm kicking myself! I did use essential oils for a while but that runs up bills as well and I've taken a break from them. I swear by them and would recommend them to anyone for anything. Can you see a trend here that I'm in a down sizing pay things off and get rid of the debt? After being out of work for so long it nice to finally be have gotten rid of debt that went towards making me better. I really don't want to have to go backwards rather than preparing for the future. The reality is, however, there may be no choice.
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

is the PAIN in the top of TRAPEZIUS ......

I've been one stretching gal today in preparation for a very long car ride to Fort Benning on Friday to see our son : ) And to top it off I just found a brand new pack of electrodes for my TENS unit! I thought I was going to have to wait until we were back. Feeling more confident that this car ride isn't going to be my undoing. My son's chosen career path is a different undoing all of its own : )
      Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
      50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
      Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
      X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
      Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
      Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
      Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X