rf ablation alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rf ablation alternatives

I have ddd above my fusion. I have been getting RF ablations for several years to help control the pain. They last for about a year and do give me relief. I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternatives that would kill the offending nerves once and for all? Getting the nerves zapped for T2-T12 every year is getting expensive and pain meds are out as I cannot tolerate them. Thanks
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

It's been awhile rainbow,
    I wish I could help you. I was told by a pain management Doctor that Medicare would not pay for a nerve ablation if the patient already had a fusion. The only thing I was offered other than medications was a spinal cord stimulator which I promptly said "NO" to. Presently I am trying another round of PT for my back. She was wonderful for my hip replacement so I decided to give her a shot at my back.
    We made a trip up to Rochester in June for my cousins wedding. It was cold and rainy. I'll take warm and rainy here in NC instead. He he!
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
    X