Tight painful muscles and distended abdomen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight painful muscles and distended abdomen

I had T4-L1 fusion 2.5 y ago. Over time I started to have painful tight muscles and now the tightness has reached the abdomen which is now distended. Any insights?

Distended abdomen

I had surgery in October and have had a distended abdomen since.

Comment

My stomach is just as big as before (combo of little baby fat or fat from babies years ago).

However, my bladder must have been repositioned along with other organs. I feel like I have to go every so often (1-2 hrs ) but really have to force the muscles. However, I sometimes forget about it and the bladder is really full (no difference in fullness sensation) but it is like a normal waterfall or the hoover dam - no effort required.
      Gardenia
      Baja California, Mexico & El Centro, Ca
      pre-surgery 75° and 89° - post ?
      Dr. Bridwell Nov 27, 2012 @Barnes Jewish @62yrs
      T11 to Sacrum Dural leak at L2 & L3 ccmail4g@gmail.com

Comment

Sami,
        I would go to the doctor for your problem. I'd be really surprised if a distended abdomen 2.5 years post-op could be related to your surgery unless you are still on narcotic pain meds. The tight muscles, from what I've read, go with the territory. I haven't had surgery and I have the same tight muscle problem. I don't think there's any way people with scoliosis can avoid that problem. There are therapies and medications that can help with it. Please see your doctor. I wish you the best.
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
        X