Apt with Dr. Lenke August 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apt with Dr. Lenke August 21

Hi all! I have an apt with Dr. Lenke on August 21. Is anyone going to be around that day?

Tamena
    Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

I will be there for my 1 year checkup. My appointment is for 8:45. Hope to see you.
    Jane

Comment

Originally posted by jane d View Post
      I will be there for my 1 year checkup. My appointment is for 8:45. Hope to see you.
      Jane
      Jane,

I'm sure we will pass. It will be nice to meet some of the forum members and have a face and voice to put with the writing. My husband and I are coming down the day before because I have a CT at 7:00, X-rays at 10.00, and then see Lenke at 11:40.

Tamena

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

One week till I meet with Dr. Lenke. I am ready to get things going and to see the light at the end of this long tunnel.

Braced till age 15

Comment

Hope all goes well

Melissa
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Hoping all is aligned and fused!
            Hug, Susan
            Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
            2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
            2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
            2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
            2018: Removal L4,5 screw
            2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Tamena- I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes. You will be in excellent hands. I am betting your recovery from this surgery will be easier than your last.
              Don't get me wrong, it will not be easy but going through recovery with you made my pain seem minimal
              Tell... Lenke I was paddle boarding 9 months post op!
              Love ya!
              Heidi
              Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
              53*T 71*L
              Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
              Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

Comment

hope all is well. It would always be nice to meet the people from ths forum --we are all in this together as friends in need. excuse the crazy typing--just had srgery on my left arm and hand--instructed not to use the fingers.
                T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                Right scapulectomy 6/15
                Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                Broken neck 9/28/2018
                Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                Osteotomy

Comment

Hey all! I really enjoyed getting to meet Jane last week. It is always nice to put a face to the name on the boards. Not to mention, she is looking and moving amazingly!

Now about the visit with Lenke:

The first experience of getting my height measured was quite depressing. After my short fusion I was 5’1 ½ and as of last Wednesday I am now 4’9. My husband has been telling me I was shrinking because he measures me when we do the kids, but I thought he was playing a mean practical joke.

I will be having a revision on November 13th. Dr. Mike Kelly will take the lead. Lenke and Kelly will discuss before my return in October where to start the fusion. The curve begins at T2, but they are possibly looking at starting T1.Since surgery last October the top curve has progressed 7 degrees. I do know we will be going to the sacrum, for the lumbar vertebra below my short fusion is beginning to collapse.

I had a CT scan and X-rays done on Wednesday and now will be having an MRI on the entire spine performed in October. Seem crazy to think in 11 weeks I will begin the healing process all over again, hopefully for the last time.

Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

I have been wanting to reply to your thread but we were out of the country for two weeks and then I had eye surgery for invasive basil cell carcinoma on the rim of my lower eyelid and now my eye is sewn shut for 6 weeks to create a skin graft to recreate my lower lid in. a second surgery on Nov. 5 when it will be cut open again. It is hard typing seeing out of only one eye!
                    Tamena I also enjoyed meeting you! Wish we had had more time to talk. I will be praying for a good outcome for your November surgery.
                    Jane

Comment

Jane, I hope everything goes well with your eye. I can't imagine having my eye sewn shut for 6 weeks. We do what we have to do.

Tamena,
                      Dr. Kelly assisted Dr. Lenke with my surgery. I remember him from the hospital visits and at my first check up and really liked him. Dr. Lenke only chooses the best for his team so you will be in good hands. How many vertebrae were fused in October? I am sorry that you have to go through this again.
                      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                      Rib Hump-GONE!
                      Age-60 at the time of surgery
                      Now 66
                      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Jane,

Boy have you been through way too much! Hope things get better quick!

Karen,

I really liked Dr. Kelly, in fact I spoke with Kelly prior to Lenke coming in to consult and told my husband that I really hoped if Lenke did not take me that Kelly would be the lead. They were both personable and I feel comfortable with either.

As far as which levels were fused October 2012 it was T12-L2. I had Short Segment Bone on Bone. I will find out the exact levels to be fused this time in two weeks but did receive the prior auth approval from my insurance company this week for more than 13 levels. It is all really starting to feel real and I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know recovery is going to be tough, but I am focusing all positive thoughts on the final outcome of less pain and hopefully no more shrinking!

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers!
                        Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

Hi Tamena,

I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this again! I remember when I first met you here last year and how you were getting ready for the surgery. Hope this time it all works out!
                          Last edited by Irina; 10-05-2013, 06:33 PM.
                          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
                          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
                          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Thanks Irina! I find comfort and strength from many here.

Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

Working...
                            X