Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just dropping in...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and see how everyone is doing. I've been walking more and started outpatient physical therapy last week; talk about killer!!! I also am getting less apprehensive about taking showers (have no idea why I was in the first place). I'm also resting more when I need it. I had a few bad days last week where I ended up calling my doctor to reassure me nothing is broken and I'm okay. I wasn't taking any pain killers during the day and suffering because of it. I would break down in tears because of the pain and frustration. She reassured me the dose I'm on for pain killers is small enough that I won't get "hooked" and to take them if I need to.

Now I'm starting to feel different things in my back but I think that's from all the manipulation that had to be done. She also told me that since I had a Level 4 surgery (whatever that it is) I will take longer to fully recover and not to feel bad that I'm not doing as much as I've read other people do.

Tomorrow my mom leaves to go back home after 5 weeks of being here with me. She has been an absolute rock and I'll miss her.

I know this sounds a little bit "all over the place" but I just wanted to drop in and say Hi.

Chris

Chris,
    Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. I can't imagine how you went without pain medications during the day. I'm glad your Dr. reassured you that keeping the pain in control is important. I hope you have a smooth recovery.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Chris--
      Glad you did drop by! My nurses always said--Stay ahead of the pain! You are so early you can't do without them. Take care and rest and recover! Janet
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Originally posted by Christyne View Post
        Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and see how everyone is doing. I've been walking more and started outpatient physical therapy last week; talk about killer!!! I also am getting less apprehensive about taking showers (have no idea why I was in the first place). I'm also resting more when I need it. I had a few bad days last week where I ended up calling my doctor to reassure me nothing is broken and I'm okay. I wasn't taking any pain killers during the day and suffering because of it. I would break down in tears because of the pain and frustration. She reassured me the dose I'm on for pain killers is small enough that I won't get "hooked" and to take them if I need to.

Now I'm starting to feel different things in my back but I think that's from all the manipulation that had to be done. She also told me that since I had a Level 4 surgery (whatever that it is) I will take longer to fully recover and not to feel bad that I'm not doing as much as I've read other people do.

Tomorrow my mom leaves to go back home after 5 weeks of being here with me. She has been an absolute rock and I'll miss her.

I know this sounds a little bit "all over the place" but I just wanted to drop in and say Hi.

Chris
        Can anyone tell me what a level 4 surgery is? Or a level 3.... Or any level?
        Thanks
        Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
        X