No announcement yet.

Need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried calling the office were I go,my nurse wasn't there today,so it may be in 40 degrees,and defacs said I got to have a kid or have a small one living with me or become legally dissabled before I get Medicaid it's a croc but life isn't fair,I don't see the sticky thread on here about help with no insurance

Comment

Meant to say does it look like its 40 degrees to you? And what are you talking about arrows?

Comment

My mom is without insurance to,we are stuck and don't know what to do,I've called everywhere in ga and tn,nobody will work with me,my dad said it cost to much a week to add me,I need to know what is called with my back like this so I can call the dissability office,I'm not sure which way to go except for dissability,I've tried working

Comment

Susancook they just took my granny off of it and she gave me 2 bottles,I'm good to go now and I've been talking to the dissability office in Chattanooga tn,I requested a appointment to see a adminastrative law judge and if it goes that far my lawyer will be there with me but they are trying to make a decision before I go to see him and I can submit additional
          evidence,she told me to call her back and she will send papers to my doc and she will fill them out,my lawyer said I would qualify for type 2 dissabilty,not sure what that is but he's the type that if he dosent win he dosent get paid,he's helped people in my family and friends get it,he's good

Comment

Susan they range from 200 and up,I'm working on getting it under control,I've lost 17 pounds in a few months,It's taking time but atleast it's not coming back

Comment

there is A LOT of information on the internet about the subject you
              are concerned about...
              and specifically, a great deal of info about diabetes and disability...
              so...perhaps you want to look into it yourself...
              type in "disability and diabetes" and all kinds of info pops up...

"Qualifying for Disability Benefits with Diabetes
              If you have uncontrolled diabetes and you have been prevented from working for at least 12 months, or you expect that you won't be able to work for at least 12 months, then you may be eligible for Social Security disability (SSDI/SSD) benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. But to qualify for disability benefits, the damage caused by your diabetes must severely limit what you can do, or you must have complications that fulfill the requirements of one of Social Security's disability listings."

jess

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Pontiacgp View Post
                I tried calling the office were I go,my nurse wasn't there today,so it may be in 40 degrees,and defacs said I got to have a kid or have a small one living with me or become legally dissabled before I get Medicaid it's a croc but life isn't fair,I don't see the sticky thread on here about help with no insurance
                Cody, I'm not a medical doctor. I'm just eyeballing your x-ray and that's how big it looks to me. It may be better or it may be worse. A scoliosis of 40* is NOT going to qualify you for disability. That blown disc might get you temporary disability until you can get it fixed, it depends on what they find wrong with you when you go to the doctor. You need a doctor's diagnosis. Unfortunately, sometimes you just need to go, even when you can't afford to go. My boys make payments on their medical bills. With a situation this bad, your dad needs to know that it will be WAY more expensive to take care of you without insurance. We can't afford insurance for our boys your age, either, so I understand where your dad is coming from. We are the working poor and insurance is too expensive to buy, even through our employers. But paying it temporarily to get you fixed up and able to work or able to get on SSI or some other program to get you healthy is worth it in the long run. Certainly there has to be some way to cut back on other expenses.

You are obviously still a dependent for them. You may be able to apply to go to college. They have online schools like the University of Phoenix that are accredited and recognized by the government. You would need to apply to the school and fill out a FAFSA for Federal grants (don't have to pay back but goes directly to the school) and loans (need to pay these back so don't take them if you don't need them). That would GREATLY increase your parents tax returns and get you qualified to do some kind of work, maybe even from home. In the meanwhile keep working on getting SSI. Your lawyer should be able to direct you in the way you should go. You are in a tough spot. I understand. Your best answers aren't going to come from this forum. They will come from your attorney.

You have to go to the doctor and get a diagnosis. Where did you get that x-ray? There should be an x-ray report with it. Go back to the place where you had it taken and ask for the report. Your diagnosis from the radiologist will be in that report.
                Be happy!
                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                but we are alive today!

Comment

The sticky thread is under Surgical First Time. But here's the link from the thread.

http://www.isass.org/newsletters/spi....html?sm112911

I hope someone here can help you.
                  Be happy!
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

I just looked at the link and it's not the same as it used to be. Hmmm. Contact Linda Racine. She's the forum moderator. She may have more information for you. She commented on your thread. Click her name and send her a private message. I don't know what else to suggest.
                    Be happy!
                    but we are alive today!

Comment

Roher01 I told the np I see I told her I'd make payments to a place called Hamilton diagnostics,that's where I got it it but can't make payments,I've been everywhere but it's all dead ends

Comment

Just got off the phone,she said my hip is messed up,she said its not a collapsed disk,she said its all from scoliosis,not sure

Comment

Originally posted by Pontiacgp View Post
                          Just got off the phone,she said my hip is messed up,she said its not a collapsed disk,she said its all from scoliosis,not sure
                          You need to let your lawyer do the footwork for you. If it's a disability lawyer, they know exactly what to do.
                          Be happy!
                          but we are alive today!

Comment

I had to get a new lawyer,she's nice and believe going to help me,I can't get a apoitment until dec with the admin law judge now,she dosent want to call anything in for pain,there's nothing I can do at this point,guess ill have to tough it out

Comment

Update

ok i recently went and picked up a disc and will attach better photos,ive called everywere i can call and now stuck in neutral,ive been laying around for 2 weeks now,my pain has progressed,cant hardly ride in a vehicle,my whole right side rib area hurts and my whole back and hip area,when i sneeze or cough it hurts really bad,the xrays had a report with them,heres what it says-FINDINGS:the ribs are intact.there is no rib fracture or pneumothorax.the patient does have congenital bifid on the right fourth and fifth ribs as congenital anomalies.there is also severe scoliosis convex to the left at the L2-3 level with some minimal distortionothe the thorax because of this.the heart is normal and the lungs are clear,no free air. then it says IMPRESSION:bony anomalies with bifidofthe right-sided ribs and scoliosis but no acute disease. can somebody put ^^^^^ in english please,thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X