Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Driving people away" - who, why, and does it matter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flerc View Post
    Sorry, is very difficult for me to believe you don't think that Pooka1's work is not enough to don't wanting to participate here in non surgical sections.
    Why is it difficult for you to believe? I just told you that I was given a MUCH harder time than Sharon has ever given anyone here, and I stayed.

If you believe in what you stand for and have nothing to hide, chances are you stick around.

I agree with Rohrer that nobody here, including Sharon, has that much power over people.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Or at least not allows here to does her unmoral pathetic work here of course. Instead of this she use to receive the moderator's help.
      It seems that every discussion that you join ends up being attacks on Pooka1. You are just as guilty of what you are accusing her of. If you would concentrate your efforts on alternative therapy options, like you used to do, at least I would enjoy reading your posts again. We all know that Pooka1 can be harsh. That's her personality. If you don't like it, don't engage. She doesn't need anyone to come to her defense. She's quite capable of that herself. I think everyone should just stop the bickering and accusations and get on with life. If you have something productive to contribute, do so. Otherwise, if you don't have something nice to say - don't say anything at all. It is LEGAL to counter someone's IDEA without attacking the person. Slander is serious.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
        Flerc,
        I know this question wasn't directed to me, but how do you know that Pooka1 single handedly ran off hundreds of members from this forum? That's a HUGE claim and a lot of power for one member to have. I think if that were really true, she would have been banned a long time ago. This would fall into the Folk Science category if it were about science. Otherwise it's just slander unless you can prove it.
        In a judgment sure I Might prove it. But of course, science has very few to do with law issues.
        Last edited by flerc; 01-09-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
          Like I said, you weren't here to see it so I understand you making this incorrect assumption, but the other member's attacks on me (once accusing me of recruiting patients to be experimented on!) make Sharon look timid.
          I know EXACTLY what you mean!

The statements that person made on the other group about such things would give most players here a run for their money. If you think conspiracy theories had their their hay day before, you will change you mind after seeing some of the exchanges I have seen (if you hadn't seen them). The stuff on other fora does truly take the cake in that regard. What goes on here is amateur night compared to that.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Or at least not allows here to does her unmoral pathetic work here of course. Instead of this she use to receive the moderator's help.
            For the elebenty billionth time, I WORK ALONE!

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Sorry I have not enough imagination to beleive it. If his work was realy so agresive, sure it had more level.. sure was not so pathetic.. this is what turns her work insoportable.
              It's clear that you are not listening or maybe you just refuse to believe what you don't want to believe.
              mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Sorry I have not enough imagination to beleive it. If his work was realy so agresive, sure it had more level.. sure was not so pathetic.. this is what turns her work insoportable.
                This is a faith position. Do you see that?

If you could recognize when you are taking a purely faith position, it would raise you arguments up 5,000 notches.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                  I know EXACTLY what you mean!

The statements that person made on the other group about such things would give most players here a run for their money. If you think conspiracy theories had their their hay day before, you will change you mind after seeing some of the exchanges I have seen (if you hadn't seen them). The stuff on other fora does truly take the cake in that regard. What goes on here is amateur night compared to that.
                  I have not seen them, but after what I went through here, I can only imagine. Some people just don't seem to have the capacity to think rationally.
                  mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

In a judgment sure I Might prove it. But of course, science has very few to do with law issues.
                    I asked a lot of people really interested/proving with/ /having good outcomes with non surgical options to participate in this forum, but it seems they are not enough insane.. they knows what would happen with Pooka1 here.
                    Last edited by flerc; 01-09-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                      This is a faith position. Do you see that?

If you could recognize when you are taking a purely faith position, it would raise you arguments up 5,000 notches.
                      Only faith in.. what?? may lead someone to not see how much pathetics are your irrational 'arguments' in order to do what you are doing here.

Comment

Originally posted by mariaf View Post
                        I have not seen them, but after what I went through here, I can only imagine. Some people just don't seem to have the capacity to think rationally.
                        There was some back and forth with brace manufacturers that I would be surprised did not result in restraining orders. Forget liable suits. Nothing here can hold a candle to that.

I think most of these people were perfectly rational before they had to deal with scoliosis in their child. I can't prove it but I think the scoliosis diagnosis seems to have driven some people around the bend.

While that is a reason, it is not an excuse.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I asked a lot of people really interested/proving with/ /having good outcomes with non surgical options to participate in this forum, but it seems they are not enough insane.. they knows what would happen with Pooka1 here.
                          Nobody can argue with before and after radiographs read by competent people (radiologist and surgeons).

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                            If you don't like it, don't engage. .
                            As someone who is regularly engaging recently, my choice is between letting unsupported and conjectural statements stand - statements which misrepresent the efficacy or expected course or other aspect of a treatment which participants on this forum are considering - or stepping in to correct them with evidence.

I realize that I am electively posting, but I feel that it's important to make clear, for example, that the BrAIST study doesn't apply to nighttime braces. That will matter to someone considering nighttime bracing. Now they don't believe (wrongly) that their child is just bound to fail and go on to surgery. And I also understand that, in choosing to engage *just with those facts* I am going to fall into a torrent of insult. Like Maria, I am making that choice because I believe I'm doing something that needs to be done.

So, I am not *choosing* to engage in a personal dispute. And, with some notable and fire-y exceptions, I try to not make it personal. But my choice is: engage with the facts and be insulted, or let misstatements stand. I am choosing the former. But it's like throwing myself into a thorn thicket just to get the actual facts on the table.

BTW, one cannot slander an anonymous person, to the best of my knowledge. The idea of slander/libel is that you're causing damage to a known entity. Dr. Mooney can be slandered/libeled. "A poster calling themselves Pooka" cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by hdugger View Post
                              I realize that I am electively posting, but I feel that it's important to make clear, for example, that the BrAIST study doesn't apply to nighttime braces. That will matter to someone considering nighttime bracing. Now they don't believe (wrongly) that their child is just bound to fail and go on to surgery. And I also understand that, in choosing to engage *just with those facts* I am going to fall into a torrent of insult. Like Maria, I am making that choice because I believe I'm doing something that needs to be done.
                              I agree that was important to point out I was wrong about that. But what you have to realize is that we can't all ALWAYS be correct like you. I make mistakes. There are probably other mistakes because this is not my field. I've read back over some of my posts that I now thing are wrong. Again, not my field. All I can do is work with what is on the table at that time. I am not clairvoyant like you.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

If they truly have good outcomes, they shouldn't have anything to fear. A good outcome can be described in many more ways than a cobb angle on an x-ray. It can be decrease in pain, improved posture, improved overall health from a healthier lifestyle that would decrease their symptoms. They just need to define what the good outcome is. Some outcomes are subjective and not objective. If the person FEELS better, that's a good outcome. BUT, if they try to say that their scoliosis is improved as regards the degree of curvature, then they would need to show that by x-ray or at least a doctor's measurements.

On the other hand, I can see a hesitance about posting x-rays. I hesitated because they show more of a person's anatomy than just their spine. I have seen WAY more on some of these x-rays than I care to have seen. I accidentally posted a very embarrassing x-ray and deleted it right away. I don't know how many people saw it before I deleted it, I hate to think ANYONE saw it, but I'm sure they did. You have to know how to crop these. I don't even know how to get them out of archive and label them so that I know which ones are which. So that makes me nervous. I've learned to "preview post" since that episode, but still...

But if Pooka1 is truly the issue, just inform them to block her when they join and then they won't be able to see any of her "attacks". Someone else might phrase things more tactfully.

You used to post some really great stuff. I never saw you get attacked over those legitimate posts. I found them quite fascinating and miss that about you. You seem to have changed... :/
                                Be happy!
                                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                                but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
                                X