Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 171

Thread: "Driving people away" - who, why, and does it matter?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,163
    flerc,

    I will wade in to this fray for just a moment. Probably a waste of time but here goes…

    I read most of your posts hoping for some substantive contribution to the forum, but I can never find any. All I can find are personal insults and name-calling of Pooka. It is getting so old. I wish for everyone's sake you could agree to disagree with her, say your peace about non-surgical treatments, move on, and quit destroying the forum.

    You and I have exchanged some pleasant, constructive discourse in the past, but now I am sure you will add me to your enemy list. I have tried to ignore your volumes of negativity that are directed toward Pooka. But it is really just getting so ridiculous…I have much better things to do with my time, so now I will put on my flame suit and sign off of this discussion. Maybe you should try to direct your energies towards a more useful endeavor.
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1


    mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

    also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    That's also what the flat-earthers, alchemists, creationists and Holocaust deniers say.



    The problem is lack of even basic science training among lay people because it has been undermined continuously and that the BBB does not have the time or probably the patience to patrol medical fora. They would have a field day.



    Control what your read, not what others write. Have a sense of self that is not defined by what others think. Read up on how science works and why it is the only game in town.
    You are just only saying more of the same as ever. It’s all what you have, but if you would not be dishonest and really thinks it’s fair and necessary your immoral work here, not allowing us to get what we need form this forum, you would not refuse as you are doing to have serious and LAST discussion about your absurd arguments and not repeat them any more after I show you again the non sense of what you say.
    See how I’m repeating what I said in previous posts and you didn’t reply. This is your game, you have time for this, I not. I’m here like others because we need to solve a serious health problem, you not. I’m wrong? How many times I asked you this?

    You refuse to leave this coward game because you know the moderator, LindaRacine allows you to do it for ever and of course she shouldn’t. She only appeared to ban to talk about some non surgical issues or to shut down or delete posts/thresds showing how much obvious is what you do or threatened people trying to stop your immoral work .

    It has not any sense to discuss with you, we should to say this to the moderator and in any case discuss with her, not with you. But of course she don’t need to discuss, she may continues doing what she does because she has the power and the power not need to be logic or fair, the power always win!
    Last edited by flerc; 02-20-2014 at 09:46 AM.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by aterry View Post
    I agree with Flerc that it is unfortunate that those who push surgery refuse to let others post without being attacked. I have pooka on an ignore status. Without that I would not be able to come to this site at all. Early in this thread someone used the word "intelligensia". Truly intelligent people do not relentlessly, and with cruelty, force their ideas on others. The relentless attacks make it nearly impossible for readers of this site to HOPE that some day there will be approaches to scoliosis that do not rely on surgery or to seek relief from pain through exercise and other therapies. I think Schadenfreude must be at play considering how frequently the surgical supporters are cruel.

    My daughter has used exercise almost exclusively and it took time and effort but her pain diminished. If I had listened to Linda and pooka, and not the others who are exploring for progress in this field, my daughter would still be waking up in the middle of the night, every night, crying in pain.

    In reference to the earlier back and forth about doctor Boachie. I took my daughter to him for a consultation. He was of absolutely NO HELP at all. I was very surprised at what a waste of time and money that visit turned out to be. I've read that his surgical skills have helped many people but I would not recommend him. The worst thing about where the money goes in the scoliosis field is that almost all of it goes to surgeons.
    Hi aterry,

    I'm so glad your daughter was able to achieve a reduction in pain through exercise. I think there are a number of methods that may work for pain, even if they may not reduce curves.

    I am not a fan of Dr. Boachie's myself, but as for most of the money in the field going to surgeons, let's not lump them all together because many of them are good guys and more importanly, have changed many lives for the better.

    All the best to you and your daughter!
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

    http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    I’m here like others because we need to solve a serious health problem, you not. !
    Here's a potential problem in your analysis. Only the medical research geneticists and physiologists can hope to solve the etiology, not lay people doing armchair biochemistry.

    And only the surgeons and medical researchers can hope to solve the treatments in a convincing way which is not to say some individuals haven't stopped their progression through PT. It's just that they can't prove it and it is unlikely.

    Remember even K. Schroth was a lay person and it shows. Her grandson, a trained researcher, finally abandoned the method after spending years trying to make it work.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by leahdragonfly View Post
    You and I have exchanged some pleasant, constructive discourse in the past,
    Yes, with you and how many others members, leaving this forum after realizing the non sense to remains here with this never stopping immoral work. How much constructive and pleasant chats with Kevin_Mc, Tom, Hdugger.. how many people realized what it seems it was very difficult for me?
    But only because Aterry commented what he commented I appeared again here. This forum cannot be changed from inside, it has not any sense all of this. The Power (in the moderator's hands here supporting this immoral work as explained before), always win.
    Last edited by flerc; 02-20-2014 at 03:11 PM.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    Yes, with you and how many others members

    It seems I confused you with other member; is difficult for me to imagine to have exchanged something pleasant and constructive with someone always supporting what Pooka1 is doing here, talking about sadistic parents bracing their kids (you also should to be prosecuted) and sharing with her all her glum discourse. Certainly I only remember your insults to me as you are doing again.

    Quote Originally Posted by leahdragonfly View Post
    I read most of your posts hoping for some substantive contribution to the forum, but I can never find any. All I can find are personal insults and name-calling of Pooka. It is getting so old. I wish for everyone's sake you could agree to disagree with her, say your peace about non-surgical treatments, move on, and quit destroying the forum.

    You and I have exchanged some pleasant, constructive discourse in the past, but now I am sure you will add me to your enemy list. I have tried to ignore your volumes of negativity that are directed toward Pooka. But it is really just getting so ridiculous…I have much better things to do with my time, so now I will put on my flame suit and sign off of this discussion. Maybe you should try to direct your energies towards a more useful endeavor.

    Of course is clear why you see my insults to her but not her insults to me to Aterry, to all the good people looking for non surgical treatments, something useless for you, but as your friend, you have not the knowledge/intelligence/background and nothing in order to justify that dishonest surgical promotion in these sections.
    Someone really having knowlege, intelligence, background as Kevin_Mc, said here something very different about my contribtions in these sections. Of course nobody as him may never say the same about yours.

    Maybe you try to direct your energies (with your flame suit on) far from these non surgical sections.. it would be great, as your frined you also has nothing to do here, except supporting her immoral work.
    Last edited by flerc; 02-20-2014 at 06:54 PM.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Aterry, you have your PM Inbox full.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,332
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "Science will win because it works.” ― Stephen Hawking

    Note to flerc and aterry
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "Science will win because it works.” ― Stephen Hawking

    Note to flerc and aterry
    Good googlesearcher.. but you need some background to understand what you find..

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    Good googlesearcher.. but you need some background to understand what you find..
    There is no reason to be bitter. You can learn about the scientific method if you want to do so. You could contribute to the group if you learn more about how science works.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Certainly you don't need to get any background to understand what you find in your searchers, it's not necessary in order do your work here.
    You cannot quote absolutely nothing mine suggesting I have not science background, but I can quote tons of your posts. Certainly I opend a thread saying to new members here what to do in order to believe or not what you are saying about you are a scientist. Of course was deleted..
    But nobody following this thread may believe you are a scientist. A scientist would never refuse to have a logic debate as you did.
    Last edited by flerc; 02-20-2014 at 08:37 PM.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,332
    Are you as certain of all your ideas as you are certain I am not a scientist?

    (Watch this, folks.)
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    I'm certain a scientist are logic people so is very much difficult to hear them saying ilogic, with non sense as you use to do here. Specially when you try to justify your immoral work here (a fact with tons of evidence).
    A scientist only may do something as you do, in the way as you do it, if he would be forced to do it., or if he would be iinsane..
    I have no way to be sure how you do this here, so I cannot be absolutely sure you are not a scientist.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Yacolt, WA
    Posts
    1,588
    I am so pleased that Flerc and Pooka1 have a place to argue. Keep it here and away from discussions related to surgical and non-surgical options for scoliosis, so that I do not have to read it!
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degenerative Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Severe disc degen T & L stenosis

    2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal Spinal Cord Injury T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Revision Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Discussions arises when she begins with her dark nonsense discourse in order to discourage about non surgical treatments and someone here knowing what she does, tries to avoid it. It’s a fact!! Otherwise she would accept to defend that dishonest surgery promoter discourse in a ruled and logics discussion without coward and dirty evasive techniques allowed.
    But be quiet because it seems that nobody else will protects innocent people, usually new here, so surely this kind of discussion will not be seen never more.
    This is not the only place of course in the world ruled by injustice and discrimination (against non surgical followers in this case) seeming to have dark purposes and where the power does the rules in order to perpetuating the unfair/insane situation and of course the power always win. It has not any sense to fight against it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •