Moving- Dr Referral - Atlanta or surrouding areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving- Dr Referral - Atlanta or surrouding areas

Hi, I figured what a better place to get a doctor referral than here. I will be moving next Friday to Atlanta (not sure where) that's part of my question as well. Do any of you know a good dr to follow up with (i am 7 months post op)
    I will be flying back and forth to Cali so I'll keep my doctor here, but just incase for emergencies.
    Also - hubby and I are looking to move no more than an hour outside of Atlanta. ANYWHERE safe, with good school systems, and land
    ANy suggestions on all the above.
    Thanks - wishing you all well!!
    xoxo
    sara

Sara,

Dr. Lloyd Hey in Raleigh, NC is probably your best bet. He is very kind and compassionate and an excellent scoliosis spine physician.
    Good luck in finding just the right house in just the right location.

Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

How are you doing? Why are you moving? I second Dr Hey. He is a great surgeon and a wonderful person
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Thanks, ill ck him out!
        Melissa, I'll be filming out there and the property is so much cheaper than in LA my hubby and I decided to make that our home base, and ill fly out here when needed.
        I'm doin ok,low back super tight where I'm still crooked,and I still lean...but I'm alive
        Hope you're doing well!!
        Xoxo

Comment

Yes, I would also recommend seeing Dr. Hey in NC, my son saw him 2 months ago and we would love for him do the surgery, but after much research to understand insurance claims, it looks like we can't afford to go out of Network. He is a brilliant, trustworthy, surgeon that is so passionate about helping people with Scoilo. Thankfully we have found an excellent surgeon in Miami.

We also lived in Atlanta for 10 years, beautiful city with tons of traffic but you are probably use to that! What are you filming? We hoped we were moving back again since by little guy had to go up for a CB on an NBC series shooting right now but he didn't get the role. We were thankful to get a directors callback! His first one, he is only 9. Atlanta is seems to be growing in the film industry.

Best of luck to you in everything!

-C
          Mom to son with new straight spine 8/15/2013 T16, L16
          Pre op T65, L?
          diagnosed 2/21/13 T55, L42

Comment

Welcome to the Peach State, Sara!

I'm in a suburb 25 min north of Atlanta. Feel free to PM me. Traffic is horrible, so you'll want to focus your home search based on where you/hubby will be working.

Warmly,
            Doreen

Originally posted by king14 View Post
            Hi, I figured what a better place to get a doctor referral than here. I will be moving next Friday to Atlanta (not sure where) that's part of my question as well. Do any of you know a good dr to follow up with (i am 7 months post op)
            I will be flying back and forth to Cali so I'll keep my doctor here, but just incase for emergencies.
            Also - hubby and I are looking to move no more than an hour outside of Atlanta. ANYWHERE safe, with good school systems, and land
            ANy suggestions on all the above.
            Thanks - wishing you all well!!
            xoxo
            sara
            44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
            Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
            2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X