Comment

Has anyone heard from Sally or about Sally? It has been several days now

Melissa
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Melissa,
        I just came over here to check on how Sally's surgery went. I was surprised to see you are the last one to post here. I hope she's okay and just taking a break from the forum.
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

It was a week ago. She just may not be feeling up to it yet. Or it's possible that wherever she is may not have internet capabilities.
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

I hope that she is ok. When I met with my hip surgeon Friday, he said it was a 90 minute surgery and that you only spend 2 nights in the hospital and then you go home. I was hoping to get her feedback

She is in my prayers

Melissa
            Melissa

Comment

Melissa-- it's possible that it's a little more complicated when you are Sally's age... but I really don't know. We will just have to keep her in our prayers and try to be patient. I have her email address in my older computer, but it's not working right now. (sad face) Maybe someone else has it. I was sure I had moved it over, but apparently not. Ahhh-- maybe I can see on facebook.

Just sent her a FB message... but I'll be gone shopping for several hours (country bumpkin that shops every two weeks for groceries and all). If she sees it, she will know that everyone on here is concerned. Again, she may not feel like doing computer things even though she loves us.
              Last edited by Susie*Bee; 07-15-2013, 12:08 PM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
                Melissa-- it's possible that it's a little more complicated when you are Sally's age... but I really don't know. We will just have to keep her in our prayers and try to be patient. I have her email address in my older computer, but it's not working right now. (sad face) Maybe someone else has it. I was sure I had moved it over, but apparently not. Ahhh-- maybe I can see on facebook.

Just sent her a FB message... but I'll be gone shopping for several hours (country bumpkin that shops every two weeks for groceries and all). If she sees it, she will know that everyone on here is concerned. Again, she may not feel like doing computer things even though she loves us.
                Susie,

I hope that you are correct. I just praying for her

Melissa
                Melissa

Comment

Any news yet? I hope all is well with Sally!
                  T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                  C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                  T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                  C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                  Right scapulectomy 6/15
                  Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                  To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                  Broken neck 9/28/2018
                  Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                  Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                  Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                  Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                  Osteotomy

Comment

I am very worried about Sally. I wish we heard from her

Melissa
                    Melissa

Comment

Me too. Hopefully soon.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Sorry guys. I tried using the computer a few days ago, but found it extremely difficult because I couldn't sit up. The meds mess with my brain also. I did post on Face book though, so Suzie must have missed that.
                        Thanks for all of your prayers and concern. I spent three days in the hospital and have been sleeping, eating and taking pain meds ever since and the anti-nausea meds and stool softeners and miralax. You all know the drill. I graduated today from my walker to a cane and in a week or so hope to be able to get in the car and go to the Dr's office to sit and wait. Haha!
                        More later when I can sit longer.
                        Sally
                        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

It's so great to hear from you Sally! I'm glad you're coming along as expected. Take care of yourself!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Yes, it's great to hear from you Sally! Now I'm going to go hunt on facebook, because I've been watching. Sheesh! I'm so sorry, everyone!

Sally-- I just looked on FB and I couldn't find anything after your post on July 6th... Maybe it didn't post correctly or maybe I'm just missing it. It doesn't matter. We are just so happy to hear from you! (BIG SMILE!)
                            Last edited by Susie*Bee; 07-19-2013, 02:33 PM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

I am so happy to hear from you. Take care of yourself and when you feel up to it post again

Melissa
                              Melissa

Comment

Sally, You obviously have a big cheering support squad! So glad to hear that you are on the mend. Keep the skates in the closet for a while!
                                Hugs, Susan
                                Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                                2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                                2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                                2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                                2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                                2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
                                X