rib pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rib pain

just wondering... My daughter is 3 months post op and has been complaining that the rib area, not the side where ribs were removed sometimes bothers her. She never really had pain where ribs were removed. Does anyone know why the other side would hurt. I remember even right after her surgery she complained of that side. I guess i'll ask the dr when we go, but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that.

thanks jennifer

HI!

Hey Jennifer! How are you doing? I miss talking to you! I've just created my own support group at MSN if you would be interested in joining! Email me you email address so I can invite you if you are interested. I had rib pain around the same time. My doc told me that it was because before the surgery, all the ribs are pushed together, and then after surgery, they have to get used to it, so they will hurt. So I wouldn't be too alarmed if it sore. If it is extreme pain, then you should bring her in! I hope that this works! Talk to you soon! Ross
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Comment

hi matt
      thanks for replying to my post. That makes sense what your dr. said about why the ribs hurt. She is not at all in extreme pain, just sore a little. I would love to join your support group. I don't know how to e-mail you so i will give you my e-mail it is
      jc3palm@aol.com and let me know how to join it.
      How are you feeling i know you were having some problems with the wires. What is going on with that?
      Jennifer

Comment

Hi Jennifer!

Hi Jennifer! How are you doing?! I'm doing ok. I leave today for the 5 hour trip to Shreveport to see my surgeon tomorrow at 10. I hope that everything goes okay! I will definately invite you to the group! Take care and God Bless! Ross
        Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
        www.myspace.com/ross40728
        Had surgery on 9/20/04
        81* Scheuermann's Disease
        40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
        U Rod Inserted
        Fused from T2-L3

Comment

Hi Jennifer,

I just wanted to echo what Matt said. The mechanics of her body have been majorly adjusted. The ribs are part of the main structural system in her body. Scoliosis surgery is a huge surgery that involves re-aligning and manipulating the body in ways it's not used to. Her rib discomfort sounds like its a normal part of the recovery. Keep up the great work!
          Carmell
          mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

matt
            i e-mailed you because i can't find which group it is. Good luck at the dr. let us know what he says
            carmell
            thanks for replying. I just hope she doesn't always have some kind of discomfort. I know i'm rushing things, but i just want her to feel like she did, which i don't know if she ever will. It just upsets me that she never had pain before.
            Jennifer

Comment

Working...
            X