Urinary incontinence after catheter removed in 66 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by susancook View Post
    One reason that I was apprehensive about surgery was that it is so final, it cannot be reversed. Then, the pain set in and surgery appeared to be my best option. I also only knew about my scoliosis for about 2 years (about age 64) now as it is adult degenerative scoliosis resulting from degenerating discs and stenosis. Procedures that I had greatly decreased my pain but were temporary.

I hope that I am done for life and fear cervical degeneration as Ed posted. Many of my cervical discs have moderate degeneration.....bummer. My neck hurts some and crackles and pops all of the time. I will ask my doctor her opinion of conservative treatments that would give pain relief. Mostly, I use ice packs which give a lot of relief.

Susan
    I've had arthritic degeneration in my neck since my 20's, that's over 20 years now. I find heat to be the most helpful. However, they tell me to use either heat or ice, whichever feels better for me. Also, take a look at Ed's thread. There have been some clever pharmacists that have made their own concoctions that help with pain. Perhaps you could talk to Dr. Hu about prescribing one of these for the time being.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
    X