Lordosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lordosis

I have had surgey for scoliosis but I think I now have lordosis (back curves inward alot) is there surgery for this?

Also my upper curve was corrected but my lumber curve has increased. I may have to have more surgery!
    40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

I have congenital scoliosis, kyphosis, and lordosis. They can be decressed by surgery. I don't know how they do it on normal spines, because mine was a lot more complicated due to past surgeries and hemis. Why do you think you have lordosis? Mine used to be severe and first it was the kyphosis that you could tell I had (I was always slouching) and then it was the lordosis that got worse. My posture used to be very wierd! It was also very painful. I could feel the bones pushing against eachother because of all my deformities. If you think it is a big problem call your doctor before things get worse! Good Luck!

Comment

I think i have lordosis because the lower part of my back curves inwards quite alot. I am going to hospital tomorrow so they can tell me then.
      ps I know you are suposed to have a natural curve inward but mine is abnormaly large and it makes me look fat.
      40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

You're not alone Boo

Hi Boo. I had surgery for Kyphosis and Scoliosis in September. I went to my surgeon for a check up on my broken wire, and he was telling me how I would have more pain than other people because after surgery, I developed Lordosis. So you aren't alone. If you would like to email me, you can at
        hard_roc_child08@hotmail.com

I also started my own group call The Kyphoscoliosis and Scoliosis Support Group. I am going to give you the addy if you would be interested in joining.

http://groups.msn.com/KyphoscoliosisandScoliosis

Your not alone. I'm always here if you want to talk. Ross
        Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
        www.myspace.com/ross40728
        Had surgery on 9/20/04
        81* Scheuermann's Disease
        40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
        U Rod Inserted
        Fused from T2-L3

Comment

Hi Boo...

Here is the U.S., there are quite a few surgeons who could correct your abnormal kyphosis. Unfortunately, I don't know the names of anyone in the U.K. You'll want to try to find someone who has experience in treating patients with prior scoliosis fusions.

Good luck!

Regards,
          Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
          X