Scoliosis Surgery in a polio survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Surgery in a polio survivor

Everyone is different I know. I am thrilled with my lack of leg nerve pain after my scoliosis surgery with Dr. Lenke! I'm also very concerned that my legs seem much weaker than they did prior to surgery. It's been 8 months and I still need a walker or cane to walk correctly--major gait problems. I've gotten exercises to strengthen my hip adductor muscles and do them faithfully. Just wondered if anyone else who had polio maybe went through this? Any encouragement?
    I had polio as a one year old who just had learned to walk and was paralyzed from waist down for a year or so.
    Thank you.
    pam

After my surgery, my friend visited me and her mother said that her father had polio and they cut off both of his legs at like a really young age. He always wanted to be a doctor and everyday he literally dragged himself to the bus stop then went to medical school and back. Medical school is already tough but add an extra 3 hours to ur schedule. The man then became a doctor. Polio may make things harder for u, but not impossible. Wish u all the best!
    Kat

Comment

Incredible story

[QUOTE=Kat3573;148825]they cut off both of his legs at like a really young age./QUOTE]
      I know how blessed I am to have come through polio and scoliosis surgery so well! What an incredible story! And sad!

Comment

[QUOTE=amelot;148888]
        Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
        they cut off both of his legs at like a really young age./QUOTE]
        I know how blessed I am to have come through polio and scoliosis surgery so well! What an incredible story! And sad!
        I know and it's super inspirational! AnythiNg is possible.

Comment

Working...
        X