Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My appt. with Dr. Lenke!! April 18th!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my! Too many bad things here today. Dr. Lenke will fix this too. I am so glad you have faith in him. Hang in there and many prayers and positive thoughts for you too. Janet
    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Linda, I'm sorry you have to have another surgery, but glad you can get it taken care of soon. Will he brace you this time? I'm personally going to put you on strict orders to use a walker or cane or whatever you need post-op so NO MORE FALLS! (Have your pain meds been making you dizzy?) You are such a strong, positive person. You will get through this and come out much better on the other side!

Evelyn
      age 48
      80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
      Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
      Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
      Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
      Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Confusedmom View Post
        Linda, I'm sorry you have to have another surgery, but glad you can get it taken care of soon. Will he brace you this time? I'm personally going to put you on strict orders to use a walker or cane or whatever you need post-op so NO MORE FALLS! (Have your pain meds been making you dizzy?) You are such a strong, positive person. You will get through this and come out much better on the other side!

Evelyn
        Evelyn, you ask about my pain meds and you got that part right! I have been on this medication for several years because of chronic pain. It was the only thing that worked round the clock.(well sometimes not), but the past year or so I developed the side effect called dropping off. And that's. exactly what happens. Only I thought I could control it. The doctors don't want to change it cause it works so well for pain. It has a stigma that comes with it. Methadone is the pain med I'm talking about. And I know, it is also used for drug addicts. But I use it for pain control. But now I want off of it. We live out in the boonies~~so to see a pain management Dr. Would be four hrs. just one way. There is one two hrs. away. But I'm not very fond of him. And just a plain GP couldn't do it ~~I don't think. I need someone that can calculate the meds. In order to do the switch without any problems.if you know what I mean. Thanks for you support and kind words.
        God Bless, Linda
        Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
        Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
        This started adult onset scoliosis
        July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
        Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
        Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
        May 30th 2013 revision
        May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
        May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Linda,
          I have thought so much about you lately. I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way on the 31st. I'm so sorry that you have to go through another surgery, but this should be the last. I fell at three weeks when standing up and moving too quickly, but fortunately didn't break a rod. The pain medications can make you light headed so be very, very careful.
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Thank-you so much!!!

Originally posted by golfnut View Post
            Linda,
            I have thought so much about you lately. I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way on the 31st. I'm so sorry that you have to go through another surgery, but this should be the last. I fell at three weeks when standing up and moving too quickly, but fortunately didn't break a rod. The pain medications can make you light headed so be very, very careful.
            Karen, I thank-you so muck for your kind words and thoughtfulness as I prepare to go through yet another surgery. It's just nice to know that someone out there is thinking of you during such a trying time.
            Thanks for sending me positive thoughts. Makes me feel good! I'll keep you in the loop afterwards. Take care fine lady!!! Warmly, Linda
            Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
            May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Linda, I am so happy that you are in capable hands. You can do this! You are in my prayers and I am pulling for you! Hugs, Susan
              Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
              2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
              2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
              2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
              2018: Removal L4,5 screw
              2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

I will be thinking of you on May 31 as I will be getting ready for my next surgery on June 3rd

Prayers

Melissa
                Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Best Wishes

My prayers will be that all goes well and you will have an easier time in recovery. Bless you,Jackie
                  T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                  C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                  T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                  C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                  Right scapulectomy 6/15
                  Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                  To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                  Broken neck 9/28/2018
                  Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                  Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                  Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                  Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                  Osteotomy

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                    I will be thinking of you on May 31 as I will be getting ready for my next surgery on June 3rd
                    Prayers

Melissa
                    . Thank-you so much! Warmly Linda
                    May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

How long will the surgery last and how long do you plan to be in STL?
                      44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
                      Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
                      2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Doreen1 View Post
                        How long will the surgery last and how long do you plan to be in STL?
                        Hi Doreen,
                        Dr. Lenke said that the surgery will be around four to five hours. And I'll be in the hospital three to four days. It's at 7:30the 31st of May. I am so ready ,as this broken rod is painful. Darn!! I had to quit beating myself up, as it's hard to be positive while kicking myself at the same time.
                        Doreen, how are you? Are you going to see the cervical surgeon in St Louis? I believe you were going to see a local neck Dr. In the last post I read. I so hope thing work out for you. You are enjoying so many things! I will pray for you ~~and keep us posted as to how you are. Sending you a Big Gentle Hug!!!Linda
                        May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

Linda,

I will be at the Parkway Thursday May 30th. I have a 7:30 apt May 31st with Dr. Bridwell. I have been keeping up with your case here on the forum. I think about you so much and what you have been through. I don't know if you will get this or if you will be at the Parkway but would love to meet you. I will certainly be praying for you.

Patty
                          1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
                          1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
                          Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
                          December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

Originally posted by babyboomer16 View Post
                            Hi Doreen,
                            Dr. Lenke said that the surgery will be around four to five hours. And I'll be in the hospital three to four days. It's at 7:30the 31st of May. I am so ready ,as this broken rod is painful. Darn!! I had to quit beating myself up, as it's hard to be positive while kicking myself at the same time.
                            Doreen, how are you? Are you going to see the cervical surgeon in St Louis? I believe you were going to see a local neck Dr. In the last post I read. I so hope thing work out for you. You are enjoying so many things! I will pray for you ~~and keep us posted as to how you are. Sending you a Big Gentle Hug!!!Linda
                            Linda: Please stop kicking yourself! You are just HUMAN. We all make mistakes.....forgive yourself and move on, as you are doing. You are a strong woman, I know because you have survived 3 [do I have my number right?] surgeries! You are a hero in my mind. The recovery from each surgery is difficult and you have done it. Forgive yourself and move on....I believe in you!

Best of luck with this surgery.....keeping my fingers crossed that this is your last! HUGS and good thoughts.
                            Susan
                            Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                            2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                            2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                            2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                            2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                            2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
                              Linda: Please stop kicking yourself! You are just HUMAN. We all make mistakes.....forgive yourself and move on, as you are doing. You are a strong woman, I know because you have survived 3 [do I have my number right?] surgeries! You are a hero in my mind. The recovery from each surgery is difficult and you have done it. Forgive yourself and move on....I believe in you!

Best of luck with this surgery.....keeping my fingers crossed that this is your last! HUGS and good thoughts.
                              Susan
                              Susan, thank-you so much for all your support and things for me to build some strength from. I know all your saying is true , but I really needed to hear it from someone that's been through a lot themselves.
                              I am really hurting and am ready to get this fixed. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again for giving me a strength from all you said. Warm thoughts, Linda
                              May 30th 2013 revision

Comment

I will be thinking of you, Linda, on May 31 too. I hope everything works out this time... Hang in there, a lot of people care about you.
                                I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
                                45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
                                A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Working...
                                X