What happened to Copes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Copes?

Hi everyone, I was discussing the Copes brace the other day and decided to have a look on the internet what happened to the guy, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know how long his fraud sentence was? Is he out of jail now? It's been about three years now, so he would have been out by now I would think. Is anyone keeping track of his latest schemes or thinking of taking him to court again?

Certainly I wish to contact him. I want to talk with someone thinking in an antigravity brace using 21st century technology. http://www.orthopaediclist.com/produ...ProductID=4451
    Everyone trying a non surgical scoliosis solution should to do the same.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWTkSDsorac
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

As I know, this do not answers the question done here. And of course, not refuse the fact that thinking in such kind of brace (regardless the success or not he could achieved) is a good and not frecuent idea.. except someone here would has enough knowledge in order to prove it's impossible such kind of brace.. if would be someone here I wish to have a chat.
        Last edited by flerc; 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Yes, I know he was sentenced Pooka, do you know where he served his sentence? He must be out now.

Comment

Flerc, I wore the Copes brace, as did many on this forum. It didn't stop the progression of scoliosis. I also found Copes to be a mysogenist who constantly made children and their mothers cry. The overall experience is not something I would recommend. Copes should be kept away from any work with people in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mashkine View Post
              Yes, I know he was sentenced Pooka, do you know where he served his sentence? He must be out now.
              Hi mashkine.

I can't find any info on where he served his time or any recent info on what he is up to these days. I saw references to the prison time including hard labor so that was pretty cool.
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by mashkine View Post
                Flerc, I wore the Copes brace, as did many on this forum. It didn't stop the progression of scoliosis. I also found Copes to be a mysogenist who constantly made children and their mothers cry. The overall experience is not something I would recommend. Copes should be kept away from any work with people in my opinion.
                Mashkine, I should had to look better in this forum.. I didn't realize that some people here used that brace. I was looking for some kind of brace simulating antigravity with high tech and this was the reason I became interested in Cope when I have read about his dynamic brace.
                Sorry it didn't work for you. Do you remember how is it? Has something to do with what I have read? It was really dynamic?

My interest in talk with someone having those ideas is because it seems that some kind of braces may work even in adults http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...one-Remodeling
                I cannot be sure about what I have read in those articles because my English is not good enough and some terms may confuse me.
                For instance 'remodeling' in my country imply an improvement.. I don't know if may be interpreted as a worse reconstruction..

Anyway I suppose that Wolff's law may lead to a 'bad remodeling' during growth and probably in adulthood. But also a good remodeling of vertebras even in adulthood. Supposing it's true, the only way would be doing some special exercises or using a special kind of dynamic brace. I cannot imagine other way.. at least until we may live in the moon.

Comment

Working...
                X