Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 392

Thread: Hip pain caused by scoliosis...????

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    2,245
    Jess,

    I hope that Sparky gets a break soon. He deserves it. I know how much he means to you.

    Melissa
    Melissa

    Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

    December 8, 2014 - Another Broken Rod Surgery

  2. #362
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    thanks Melissa
    Sparky has to go for yet another ultra sound Monday January
    26th....

    i guess the stress is getting to me....i went to hospital yesterday
    because of severe pain behind shoulder in soft tissue, with
    numbness and tingling down left arm thru finger tips...GP wanted
    it checked out to rule out heart attack, since women can have weird
    heart attack symptoms...
    4 plus hours later and i was back home....with valium prescription
    that helps relax muscles....just gave me 10 pills, of course...that
    is how ER's are...
    see other docs in Manhattan next week, Tuesday and Wednesday...

    the pain was severe....absolutely excruciating....
    today valium plus oxy is helping...though they say not to combine
    them....but they gave me 5 mg valium and doc in Manhattan gives
    me 10 mg valium.

    i cannot wrap my mind around the fact that another cyst showed up
    in my puppy less than month after surgery.....and i do not know
    what Monday's ulra sound will show....
    the doc at hospital said my pain was coming from my herniated disc
    in neck...but i think stress is just compounding all of it.

    jess...and Sparky
    Last edited by jrnyc; 01-21-2015 at 04:35 PM.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,190
    OH MY GOSH Jess! That sounds harrowing. Oh my gosh.

    Is the pain under control today?

    Would the Botox injections help with the new very bad pain if it is due to the herniated disc?

    Please take care of yourself. I know you have so much worry now. The vet will figure out what is going on with the baby.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  4. #364
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    thanks Sharon

    the few valium they gave me are helping relax the area....
    i am willing to try any injections the pain doc thinks will
    work when i see him next Wednesday....botox or anything
    else...except steroids, which i really cannot risk....
    the hospital doc asked me about them....i told him what
    the shots did to my cortisol...he nodded, as if he has
    heard it before.

    thanks for the concern
    jess...and Sparky

  5. #365
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    as badly as i need injections in my shoulders and upper spine,
    i am going to have to cancel trip to pain doctor this week...
    the blizzard will be dumping 12-30 inches of snow in NYC
    area and up and down the coast....no way to travel to appt
    Tuesday and another appt Wednesday in Manhattan...
    have to hope the pain doc has an opening next week...
    and the charming winter weather cooperates...

    hope all on coast are staying safe and warm...
    have to watch that my little white puppy does not disappear
    in all the white stuff that will be falling soon....just his little
    black nose shows....
    jess....and Sparky

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    9,190
    Jess please take care. I hope you can reschedule.

    Is baby Sparky still wearing the cone?
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

    No island of sanity.

    Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine


    "We are all African."

  7. #367
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    thanks Sharon...
    i hope i can reschedule to sometime fairly soon....

    yes, poor puppy still in cone...on antibiotic pills every 8 hours..
    ultra sound scheduled for today to look for more cysts, since
    vet found one last week and drained it..
    but the storm may prevent me from taking him in...
    they like to keep him all day and the ultra sound tech usually
    does not show up until 3 p.m.
    it is a very annoying and unfair policy that vets everywhere
    follow....
    i called his vet and am waiting for her to call me back...and
    see if i can bring him in at noon or reschedule to next Monday....

    thanks for the concern....
    Sparky would give you puppy kisses if you
    were here....

  8. #368
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    rescheduled to two separate appts...
    but not available on consecutive days...
    have to go in Feb 3 for meds and Feb 11
    for injections....exhausting 3 hour trip
    each direction...in winter it is grueling...as much as
    i love Manhattan...
    doctor won't write meds on same day as shots...
    cause insurance won't pay him for both...
    so if two separate appts, then he is paid twice...
    all about the $$$$

    j.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    2,245
    How is your weather ? and how is Sparky ?

    Is he feeling ok?

    Melissa
    Melissa

    Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

    December 8, 2014 - Another Broken Rod Surgery

  10. #370
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    hi Melissa
    thanks for asking...
    Sparky still on antibiotics for UTI
    he had no new cysts today at ultra sound...
    he is worn out from getting 200 ml of fluid today, to
    try to flush out crystals and "sediment" in his urine.
    they had me buy "prescription cat food" for him...
    but he wouldn't eat the "prescription dog food" last
    year.....so i doubt he will like the cat stuff either.

    we are about to get slammed with blizzard...forecast
    changed for NYC to 12 inches but they said New England
    will get worst...CT. MA, RI, Maine....right up coast...
    20 inches at least...ugh.

    my shoulders are bad and am over due for botox shots...
    weather just never cooperates in northeast in winter.

    hope you are nice and warm in southern CA
    jess...and Sparky

  11. #371
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    i cancelled pain doc appt for tomorrow, Wed, Feb 11th...
    just cannot do it...
    New England got dumped on with another 8 inches to a foot
    of snow, on top of snow from 2 other storms, one a blizzard...
    the doctor is in Manhattan....and since NYC got little to no snow
    (bless my favorite place) the receptionist on phone didn't
    understand....but i told her that on Tuesday, all Amtrak trains
    in northeast were over 2 hours late...because of the weather
    in New England...
    i do not wish to put myself thru that....the trains might be
    a little better tomorrow...but Amtrak is notorious in snow...
    for being late, not running, etc...
    i was just in Manhattan at same doctor's office to get
    prescriptions last week...of course, if they stopped worrying
    about insurance payments and cared about patient (in pain)
    having to come back twice for what they COULD take care
    of in one visit...
    but that would mean putting patient....and not $$....first.

    sooooo....as much as left shoulder and entire upper spine would
    love to get some botox in it...not gonna happen this month...

    spring cannot get here fast enuf....
    jess...and Sparky(he does not like winter either)

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,978
    Oh Jess. (sad face). Yes, the weather is doing a number there-- I've been following it closely as I have a daughter/family in New Hampshire just an hour from Boston and they've been getting all that Boston's been getting. You two stay warm and safe. So sorry about the pain. Spring will come.
    67 and plugging along...
    2007 52 w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior spinal fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

    Corrected to 15
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    NEW 10/2018 x-rays show spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

    Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

  13. #373
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    thanks, Susie Bee
    spring WILL come...it has to...
    tho i think winter will leave grudgingly....maybe with a final
    kick for a good bye.
    and with basketball championship this wkend and then
    Westminster Dog Show Mon and Tues, it will be very busy
    on Amtrak and very crowded in Manhattan

    will take puppy to get fluids at vet today....
    i am not doing them at home YET...tho i have all stuff to do it with

    and i fear he has another cyst...
    he just had surgery December 23rd and at the visit in January,
    his vet drained another cyst she saw with ultra sound
    and got with needle...

    this is all too much...for puppy and for his momma...
    he has vet appt Monday, Feb 16th...very scary.

    jess...and Sparky

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, IL
    Posts
    1,707
    Jess,
    I am so sorry that you have to delay your appointment again. I also hope that sweet Sparky doesn't have another cyst.
    Karen

    Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

    See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

  15. #375
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,745
    thanks for the concern & encouragement, Karen.
    all of the northeast is getting slammed this winter....seems Mother
    Nature saved most of the snow for February, too

    i am very concerned and will know more after appt Monday
    with vet....

    i hope you and little Lexi are warm, dry and safe...

    jess...& Sparky
    Last edited by jrnyc; 02-11-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •