Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop trying to convince that official western medical community is the only option..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharon

Your PM box is full! (smile)
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

• Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
      Your PM box is full! (smile)
      I'll empty it.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by mariaf View Post
        And yet with all the time he spends here posting, whenever Rohrer or I ask him to clarify something or answer a question, he says "I don't have time". I'm sorry, but that doesn't fly.

Those sort of things and all the name calling is causing him to lose credibility.
        If it would be true it would only would be true for people like you.. nothing to regret of course, I would not be so stupid to be part of her wear game against me as it seems it was what she did here. . Did you see how many posts I wasted trying to explain her what I was doing in this thread? I said her to look the obvious answer she is saying I denied to answer into the thread I quoted her.
        I don't have to be friendly with someone doing what she does. The same you do and I answer you in the same way (quoting posts) So stop your accusations against me or prove what you say, showing I did not answer what you asked in the posts I quoted!. As I proved all what I said about you and the rest of the Pooka1's accomplices. You say 'accomplice' is a name calling. Do you prefer I refer to you and yours friends as ' people supporting in a too much direct way an immoral work'? Let me know.

And of course if someone understand what I said and you say you not understand, is your problem. Ask to people belonging to the same camp I belong to answer your questions. If they also not understand I explain to them, I have nothing to talk with some one using coward name calling against me instead of direct ones and without showing the proofs . You are 'suggesting' I'm coward or dishonest or something like that (use that words, not be coward!) because not responding to you and your accomplice (let me know if you prefer the other sentence) in the way you wants. I'm not coward, I use the word denoting what I want to express.
        I will open another thread denoncing all what you are doing here if you continue accusing me without proofs. Surely would be the best. Maybe you are jealous. Who know what people of your camp may feel.
        Last edited by flerc; 05-25-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Flerc, please stop bothering other people.

I assure you I work alone. Nobody is associated with my posts unless THEY state that. And that is only post by post. Nobody agrees with everything I write. I don't even agree with everything I write.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            Flerc, please stop bothering other people.

I assure you I work alone. Nobody is associated with my posts unless THEY state that. And that is only post by post.
            Post by post.. curiously all defending you.
            You say I'm bothering that people but you not recognize what you are doing with people here since so many years ago! It has not the less coherence.

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            Nobody agrees with everything I write. I don't even agree with everything I write.
            It would be great to see a proof about this, specially if it is directly related with what I'm saying about you. Certainly if it would happen this war, would have not more any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by flerc View Post
              Certainly if it would happen this war, would have not more any sense.
              What war? The war on science?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• For all my dear scoli brothers and sisters -- that includes ALL of you. Once I read an older children's book that I loved. It is Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. It was a Newbery Award winner awhile back-- meaning that it was selected as the best children's fiction book of the year. The title of the book was taken from the old Indian (yes, no longer politically correct) saying: you cannot understand another until you have walked in his moccasins for two moons. ( two moon cycles) That is the crux of our problem. None of us has the ability to feel the emotions, the trauma, the trials, the challenges that each one of us are going through-- how we are trying to deal with the scoliosis that is in our families. Sometimes that is just one of the many huge events that occur-- house fires, insurance problems, marital problems, spouse job or medical problems, moving problems, behavioral or drug problems with other children. We have our journeys before us. Let us walk our walks, let us think about each other walking their walks, and try to give each other support as needed. We don't need to be adding more and more baggage to already difficult lives. We need to be a support group...

BTW-- I liked that book well enough at the time to give a copy to each of my children. And I also really liked Chasing Redbird by that same author, as well as many others. (smile) But then, I love books! Always have, always will. There's a plethora of wonderful books out there-- just like doors waiting to be opened, full of adventures and knowledge just waiting for you to open that cover. Hear them whispering to you? "Open me!" (Yes, I was one of those kids in school who got in big trouble for trying to read while the teacher was teaching, sliding my book out just a tad, or raising my desk up, just a tad... and at home, reading with my flashlight under the covers until I figured out it was much easier to breathe if you just rolled up a towel and stuck it under the door and left the lights on... then they couldn't tell........ tee hee. Should I clean house or read? Such a predicament. Ha ha!
                Last edited by Susie*Bee; 05-25-2013, 01:20 PM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

• Originally posted by flerc View Post
                  It would be great to see a proof about this, specially if it is directly related with what I'm saying about you. Certainly if it would happen this war, would have not more any sense.
                  Sorry for seem to be igenuo believing something like that might happen some day. I'm not.

Comment

• Originally posted by hdugger View Post
                    OK, Flerc. I gave myself a week to wait for a response, and that week is up.
                    Hdugger, of course it will not surprise me in any way if you finally recive a response.
                    Mainly if it consist in ban people of our camp, or implementing of some rules as all were taken here, only favoring people of the other camp. Surely it would be something as banning name calling.. why I could say immoral, dishonest..? if I'm still here.. well, at least I know how to say accomplice in other way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
                      Let us walk our walks, let us think about each other walking their walks, and try to give each other support as needed. We don't need to be adding more and more baggage to already difficult lives. We need to be a support group...
                      Susie, it would be beautiful to see what you said here, but unfortunately Pooka1 seems to has a real need to do do her immoral work here and since some members also seems to have the need to support her, this site is what it is.
                      Take care.

Comment

• thank you, Susie Bee
                        great post

jess

Comment

• Thanks, Jess.

Flerc--Why don't we wipe the slate clean and give each other a chance. People can change. Someone has to make the first move to try to listen and be courteous. It can happen if we work at it. We need to show respect to everyone, even if we don't agree with them. I have discovered with the children I work with, that if you don't respect them because of their behaviors, they will act up more. If you turn it around and encourage them even though they are challenging, you can get their behavior to improve. You set the tone for the situation. If you are challenging Pooka and calling her names, then she will be defensive, and her only choice is to then attack back. That is what has been going on instead of working together. That is why we need to stop, see that we are on the same side, fighting against scoliosis, and need to support each other and not fight each other. We are fighting the wrong enemy. The enemy is scoliosis, not the people on the forum. I know you have a language barrier, so I hope I am explaining this clearly enough. We can do this if we try and if we work. It won't be easy. We can disagree, but we can do it courteously-- in a nice way. There are no bad guys and good guys. OK?

Corrected to 15°

Comment

• I honestly don't know how anyone has the stomach to read this thread. Since there appears to be no value in the discussion, I'm closing it down.
                            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
                            X