coordination dynamics therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flerc View Post
    Yes it is! And seems to be present in a soft way in IS.
    Secondary Dystonia
    Due to minor injuries or damaged areas of the brain. May be oxygen deficit before, during or immediately after birth trauma in infancy or in childhood or small bumps.

It seems Osteopaths are right!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
      Aside from the paper cited on this thread, I've never seen scoliosis associated with CNS disturbances. The only things I've seen so far that could remotely cause CNS symptoms are altered proprioception, problems with the spinal cord such as a syrinx, and stretching of the cord, pinched nerves, etc. and these problems obviously don't occur with everyone.

Edit: Altered proprioception being a result of a CNS disturbance, not a cause. But what is the cause of this?
      Here I am rereading my statement. I don't know what I was thinking! Of course scoliosis is a result of several CNS disturbances that I can think of right off hand: Spina Bifida, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, and probably a host of other things.

I was born with some kind of disturbance that didn't allow me to coordinate breathing through my mouth and nose. I almost died at four months because I had a stuffy nose and didn't have the reflex to breathe through my mouth. For all I know it could all be connected. My mom seems to think so.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
      X