Scan for infection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan for infection

I received a letter today with an appt to go and have a white cell HMPAO (Ceretec WB) test.
    I'm presuming that because I haven't been called to discuss the bone scan I had that all is well with my fusion and now he's checking there's no infection. This test also shows up inflammation.

Has anyone had one of these scans?
    Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Unfortunatly I can't help with any information on the test, but I wanted to tell you I am sorry you are having so much pain. My daugter who is now 22 had her surgery when she was 16 and not a day has gone by since the day of her surgery that she has not been in pain (much worse than before surgery). You are lucky to have a doctor that cares enough to do everything they can to find out the cause. I am anxoius to see what they find out so maybe I can get one of her doctors to do the same. So far they just tell her to go to pain management, but that does not fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LAL View Post
      Unfortunatly I can't help with any information on the test, but I wanted to tell you I am sorry you are having so much pain. My daugter who is now 22 had her surgery when she was 16 and not a day has gone by since the day of her surgery that she has not been in pain (much worse than before surgery). You are lucky to have a doctor that cares enough to do everything they can to find out the cause. I am anxoius to see what they find out so maybe I can get one of her doctors to do the same. So far they just tell her to go to pain management, but that does not fix the problem.
      Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, its a long time to still be in pain-was she in pain still while it was still within the two years? I was told it would take 2yrs to full recover (I was 45 at time of surgery) so I think because I've not been signed off yet he's taking the time to find the cause. He is a lovely surgeon who genuinely wants me to be in less pain so fingers crossed the cause can be found.

I will update when I have any news.
      Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Comment

Working...
      X