No announcement yet.

What a mess!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes! You are on your way to getting fixed and living the rest of your life! You are in the right place.
    Good luck and smile. The new you is in process!
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by scuba steve View Post
      Thank you very much for positive feedback. I have to admit that I am trying to NOT get excited about the option of hardware removal but I am.
      I think that would end this entire nightmare but I have been told that some docs do not like to take the risk of removal.
      I will be leaving in moring for my trip to N.C. And ask that all please pray for me and Dr. Hey.
      Will advise on what is decided when I return on Wed.
      Thank you all once again, u helped pull me through a few weeks when I didn't know if I could take anymore of this.
      Dr. Hey will carry some of your burden. Relax and trust him. You are in awesome hands. If in his professional opinion, he needs to remove hardware, so be it!

You have a great cheering section here. And Dr. Hey will pray for you too, he is that kind of guy.

Praying for you, Susan
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Looking forward to hearing how your appt. goes!
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Bags packed. All ready to go.
          Gonna kiss wife and kids in morning and head to Orlando to catch that plane.
          Thanks to ALL again.
          And PLEASE say a prayer for me on Tues. Morning. Will let you know how it goes as soon as I return on Wed.
          Steven

Comment

Sounds like you're ready. I'll be praying for you. Best wisheswith your appointment!
            Last edited by Susie*Bee; 02-18-2013, 05:17 AM.
            71 and plugging along... but having some problems
            2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
            5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
            Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
            CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
            10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Steve,

Will be praying that God gives Dr. Hey all the answers to your back problems. I have a good feeling that Dr. Hey is going to be able to reduce your pain level significantly. Please let us know how your appointment goes.

Patty
              1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
              1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
              Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
              December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

Steve,
                Best of luck with appt. You deserve some helpful news from the doctor to get your life back! Janet
                Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Hey Steve,

We are all waiting to hear how you are doing. I am praying Dr. Hey had some answers for you. I am sure the trip was very painful for you. Hoping you are recovering well.

Patty
                  1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
                  1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
                  Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
                  December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

Working...
                  X