Thread: Alternative to surgery? Chiropractor?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alternative to surgery? Chiropractor?

Hi, my name is Spyros 25 years old guy who lives in Greece. i'm new here and i m happy that i found that forum 2 weeks now. I need your help/advise as soon as possible cause i have only 2 days to think about that decision. So my story is the following:

I have scoliosis S type at 68 degrees top and 48 bottom with my spine in torsion as well. I met the top orthopedic surgeon doctor here in Greece about my situation and he told me that the only solution is surgery. Ok by now.. i don t have any problem/fear about the surgeries and all these things. After that, I 've been told that there is a very good Chiropractor in Geneva, Switzeland, who makes 'miracles'. I contact him and he told me that he might correct me a while, but he doesnt know if i'll need surgery afterwards. He ask me to see me for a week, so as he can give me a final asnwer about if he can correct me without surgery needed, but he wants 2500 euro for that week. So i ll be needed 5000 euro for that trip, only to get an aswer if he can correct me or not without surgery needed.

So i'm asking you guys, Do you know if Chiropractors can do anything about my situation (scoliosis)? Do i have any chance to avoid surgery with that treatment? Is it worth it to pay 5000 euro just to get an answer about if that Chiropractor can treat me or not?

Thanks in advance,

Spyros Zochios

66 years old.....68 degree thoracic 42 degrees lumbar. I have seen literally a dozen medical professionals (including 3 chiropractors) over time. I never contemplated surgery.
    In my opinion, if you are having organ issues, breathing difficulty or some other serious complication, then do the surgery. I would not do chiropractic without a written guaranteed (which I don't think you can get)

I have been on a exercise program that I put together from information from the internet. It includes Schroth breathing, yoga, light weights, isometrics, etc. I haven't been re-measured, but I am positive I have changed my body. My muscles are more symmetrical and stronger. Posture significantly improved. If you decide to not have surgery and want to learn about what I am doing then contact me directly. rkochis65@gmail.com I will send you all my stuff.
    The best of luck to you.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    he wants 2500 euro for that week.
    2500 euros!! I'd think is a fraude.

There has never been a single published study showing that chiropractic can do anything to eliminate the need for scoliosis surgery.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.

Don"t spend the money.

I have extensive Chiro experiance over 26 years, it will not correct curves permanently....Been there done that.

I will post more later since Im at work

Welcome to the forum

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 58, the new 53...
    Pre surgery curves C12,T70,L70
    ALIF/PLIF T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Quote Originally Posted by flerc View Post
    2500 euros!! I'd think is a fraude.
    Nope. I know that this chiro is one of the best in world.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaRacine View Post
    There has never been a single published study showing that chiropractic can do anything to eliminate the need for scoliosis surgery.
    Though i did watch some videos and read stories about people who had big scoliosis and after chiro they have 10+.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumed View Post
    Don"t spend the money.

I have extensive Chiro experiance over 26 years, it will not correct curves permanently....Been there done that.

I will post more later since Im at work

Welcome to the forum

Ed
    Maybe u didnt find any good Chipractors? :/

spyros...
    people have answered you...
    but you seem to be fighting the answers they've given...
    if you are determined to find reasons to believe what you
    seem to want to believe, i am not sure why you asked the
    questions...???

jess

Quote Originally Posted by LindaRacine View Post
    I agree with everything others have said, and think the above sums it up in a nutshell.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Thanks a lot guys! You helped me a lot and you saved my money as well!

I have already scheduled my scoliosis surgery for the beginning of March!!! Not specific date yet, but i have less than 1 month for that! Can't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Thanks a lot guys! You helped me a lot and you saved my money as well!

I have already scheduled my scoliosis surgery for the beginning of March!!! Not specific date yet, but i have less than 1 month for that! Can't believe it!
    Wov!! What a vertiginous change of direction! I wrote something about manipulation and other issues, but of course it would be useless now for you.
    I hope surgery will be good for you.. also I hope you understand I never figured you was deciding between visiting that chiropractor and fusion.

Good luck.
    Last edited by flerc; 02-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.