Cortisone injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortisone injection

Has anyone had cortisone injections for pain post-op? Having an appt with a physiatrist on Wednesday, who will pinpoint where I need the shot(most definitely will be the SI joint or around there) and administer it. I've had one once before in my bursa on my hip when I had hip bursitis from running and it was extremely painful, but did help soothe the pain afterwards...just wondering how the procedure for a shot in a joint would be different, if it is. Eek! I'm praying that it works. I'm sick of these silly issues keeping me on Vicodin-which is making me get terrible acne!!!

Thanks for your input!

Hannah

Hi Hannah...

Spine injections are generally done under fluoroscopy. I've had injections several times, and for me it was just not a big deal. The only uncomfortable part is that you have to lay on your tummy for maybe 15-30 minutes. My physiatrist does them with or without twilight sleep, depending on what the patient wants.

Hope it works for you.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hannah--

Are you in the clear for anti-inflammatories? I think that's what the injection is. Let us know how it works. Best wishes!

Evelyn
      age 48
      80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
      Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
      Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
      Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
      Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Working...
      X