MedX Core Torso Rotation unit to soon fit most (possibly all) adolescents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MedX Core Torso Rotation unit to soon fit most (possibly all) adolescents

It has been a lot of work to make sure my petite young daughter is appropriately fitted in the MedX Core Torso Rotation machine discussed in Mooney’s and McIntire’s research so I recently contacted the MedX Company requesting custom modifications that would allow her to use the equipment before she met the minimum height requirement of 4’10”. After we finished making the arrangements and the delivery was set, I asked their representative about the possibility of making the retro-fit available to Physical Therapy Offices, Chiropractic Offices, & private homes which already own a machine since the design is now in place.

The MedX representative checked into it and said they will be able to offer the alterations for a reasonable fee (not a CUSTOM expensive for custom work) as soon as 2013. When questioned further, I learned they have also decided to begin offering a new machine with all the modifications we requested for a minimal charge. (Footboard extender, modified thigh & shin restraint system reducing the required femur length by 5 inches (!), slightly taller or adjustable v-hip pad, and two additional seat cushions of different thicknesses) FYI: Making these changes will NOT impact the machine’s use by taller clients. Well, that is a slight overstatement, as clients who are between 7’6” and 7’11” tall may no longer fit into a modified unit.

I do not work for MedX and will not receive money from any future sales; however, I want to make this information available to others who are interested in trying Progressive Resistance Torso Rotation Strength Training during the "watch & wait" phase prescribed by their orthopedic surgeon. Obviously, I am NOT telling anyone to use a specific treatment or making any far reaching claims regarding curve progression, I just want other families like ours who have an adolescent with AIS, low Risser, mild to moderate curve, and no other medical concerns to be aware the equipment will now fit a person with shorter legs.

A Mom
Working...
X