Surgery #3 of 2012 this Thursday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery #3 of 2012 this Thursday....

What a year 2012 has been for me and my family. In 2-1/2 days, I will have my 3rd surgery of the year (#5 in my life) and at this point, I'm as ready as I'll ever be (again)! I will try to keep my blog updated as I recover but with this whopper of a surgery coming up, it may be a bit. I'm wiped out physically and emotionally, but spiritually, I'm there and I'm ready to go. Despite the setbacks of having to reschedule due to hurricane sandy and losing 2 out of 3 pints of self-donated blood due to expiration, we will be ok. Sadly, my husband won't be here to help me thru all the nerves and tears that go along with driving to the hospital, registering, and waiting...he left this morning for Chicago for training for his new job and wont be back until late Friday night. But my parents are here and thank GOD for them! We'll be ok -- and things will go the way they're meant go and all will be well. And I'm ready.

Thanks everyone for all of your unending support, encouragement and words of wisdom and comfort. We are truly a unique group --- and I love that about us. My best to you all. Feel free to check in on my blog for updates --- and I'll see you on "the other side" (AGAIN)!!

My Best To You All,

Michele (jerseyot.blogspot.com)
    Last edited by jerseyot; 11-12-2012, 07:01 PM.
    1993/1995: PSF w/ Harrington rods T3-L4
    Jan. 24, 2012: ALIF of L4-L5, L5-S1 w/ cage spacer and BMP
    Jan. 31, 2012: PLIF of L1-S1 w/ pelvic anchors
    Scheduled Nov.15, 2012: Fusion T2-S1 w/ pelvic anchors to fix T12 fracture
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ot/myback2.jpg - BEFORE
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT2342x406.jpg - AFTER
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CT1410x229.jpg - AFTER
    www.jerseyot.blogspot.com

Remember, the waiting is the hardest. Soon that will be over. You sound good despite all the setbacks. I'll keep an eye on your blog and you'll be in my thoughts. Good luck Miichele!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Three's a charm. This time it has to be right. You deserve the best. You are blessed to have family to help you at this challenging time. Will be thinking of you.
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Surgery

Michelle....You are on my mind a lot and I will be praying for you on Thursday. I can only imagine your nerves right now, but you are a Christ follower, and HE WILL BE FOLLOWING YOU RIGHT INTO THE OPERATING ROOM. I will alo be praying for your doctor and your husband as I know he will be so sad he is not with you. You are so encouraging to me Michelle. I am 4 weeks away from surgery and if you can do it, I know I can too.

Patty
        1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
        1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
        Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
        December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

I know how hard waiting can be , but you are in many people's prayers. God will take care of you
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Michele--
            You are one strong lady! I'm sending many positive thoughts and prayers your way and I agree--third time is the charm. Best wishes! Janet
            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Michele,
              My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Thursday and during your recovery. I'll be checking your blog for updates when you feel like it. You know you have a ton of support from all of us on the forum.
              Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
              Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
              70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
              Rib Hump-GONE!
              Age-60 at the time of surgery
              Now 66
              Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
              Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
              Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
              Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
              tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
              http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

I just went to you Blog to bookmark it and saw a picture of your children. They are absolutely adorable!
                Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                Rib Hump-GONE!
                Age-60 at the time of surgery
                Now 66
                Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Many thoughts and prayers coming your way!!! I'll let a candle in church for you and your family!! Xoxo
                  38 yo with 71* left thoracolumbar curve from untreated AIS dx'd @ age 10. Surgery on for Jan 3, 2013 with Dr.'s Robertson and http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps321159d8.jpg. Spinal Fusion with instrumentation from T2-L4.

Comment

Michele,

I will be part of the "chorus" of folks who will be thinking of you and praying for you as you head into this challenging surgery on Thursday. You deserve an excellent outcome and you deserve your life back! You sound very well prepared. I will be checking your blog for updates.

Wishing you peace these next few days.
                    Kathy
                    46 yrs at surgery, now 50
                    71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
                    8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
                    http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

Michele good luck
                      Kara
                      Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
                      Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
                      T4-L2
                      Before 50T
                      After 20T

Comment

Michelle,
                        Good luck on your surgery. Hope and pray that you have an uncomplicated and speedy recovery. Look forward to hearing from you soon on the other side.
                        Congenital Scoliosis and Kyphosis
                        Diagnosis at Age 42, Main Thoracolumbar curve 72 deg
                        Surgery on Aug 15, 2012
                        Fused T4 to L4, 2 SPOs

Comment

I will be thinking of you and praying for you also. Wow,
                          you must be strong to go through 3 surgeries this year. And
                          I thought 2 was rough!

Take care,
                          Pam
                          Pam, age 49
                          Thoracolumbar curves 80 and 40 corrected to 20 degrees
                          April 20, 2012 surgery with Dr. Lenke
                          T-3 to sacrum

Comment

All my best to you at this dificult time,but you can do it. With you husband in Chicago,it will be different I am sure. I actully live near Chicago. My prayers are with you and your family
                            Jackie
                            T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                            C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                            T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                            C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                            Right scapulectomy 6/15
                            Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                            To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                            Broken neck 9/28/2018
                            Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                            Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                            Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                            Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                            Osteotomy

Comment

Surgery

Hi Michelle....I am thinking of you tonight as you prepare for your surgery tomorrow. I am praying God gives you that unsurpassable peace. Put your family in God's hands as well as your own. He will go ahead of you and pave the path that was designed for you. I am not saying this is easy...faith is not faith unless it is the only thing you are hanging onto....hopefully I will be at this point in less than 4 weeks. I will be praying for you tomorrow and asking God to direct the hands of your doctor. You will be covered by prayer.
                              Patty
                              1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
                              1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
                              Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
                              December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

Working...
                              X