Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here - Dr. Frank Schwab or Dr. Thomas Errico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Drs. Errico and Schwab (and Dr. Lenke)

First, I consulted with both Drs. Errico and Schwab over a period of years. They were to have operated on me TOGETHER - quite an honor as well as a reflection, I guess, on how serious Dr. Errico perceives my spinal problems.

With apologies if this is "old news", Frank Schwab was recently appointed head of Spinal Services at The Hospital for Special Surgery. He is IMO one of, if not THE most, meticulous and talented complex spinal surgeon out there. A remarkable respectful and respectable human being too, FWIW.

Two months ago, I got a letter from their former joint practice saying he had resigned his position there. Figuring he had not been fired, I googled his name. That revealed news of his new position.

Still trying to figure out whether or not his revised insurance would cover me in this position. Although I regret not having that stellar team do my spine, I cannot rethink the decision since I was prevented from proceeding by unpredictable medical issues that arose in between. First, a fractured ankle unexpectedly put a dent of months in my schedule (as well as causing considerably more spinal pain) , followed by a surprise diagnosis of cancer - being treated and staged right now.

They are both tip top surgeons, but are no longer affiliated.
    (BTW I imagine you all know by now that Dr. Lawrence Lenke has moved from St Louis to New York City himself. That move was accomplished in July).
    Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
    Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
    main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
    Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Working...
    X