A little advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little advice

After several years of having issues with my neck and upper back and having been through at least 7 rounds of physical therapy with no real results; I finally insisted on seeing a chiropractor (with my primary care physician who doesn't seem to care for chiropractors) and on day one, he did x-rays and told me I have scoliosis. In looking at the x-ray, it definitely did look curved and it seems I probably developed it as a child/adolescent but it went unnoticed. I guess now I just don't know what I'm supposed to do at this point; everything I've read so far says it's un-treatable as an adult but also says that it shouldn't get any worse either since I'm an adult? Is that correct? I'm 49 by the way. I have to follow up with my primary care physician to get a referral to find out exactly what type it is, but the Chiropractor said it is probably idiopathic. I'm assuming it must not be that bad since I've never noticed it and clearly no one else has either. Any opinions, advice?

Wanda,
    Welcome to this forum. You will get a lot of your questions answered here. Can you get a copy of your x ray and post it for us? Don't let anyone tell you that scoliosis is un-treatable in adults.
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I spoke with the chiropractor who did the x-rays and he said that they don't do copies; they will only check them out to my primary care physician and I can get them then. As my next appt. won't be until Nov. 6, I won't be able to do it till then.

Comment

i never heard of such a thing...they won't give you copies...???
        they don't "do" copies...?
        what about getting them on a disc....?
        i have never heard of any radiology place refusing a patient...
        sounds shady to me....
        you have a right to your X rays...you paid for them , you have a right
        to them...every doctor i ever saw told me that....

jess

Comment

Wanda,
          Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of answers to your questions as well as a lot of support from others with the same experiences. Many on the forum were told that their curves would not progress, but unfortunately, many of us found our curves did indeed increase.
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
          X