Thread: Possible 3rd Surgery / Seeking excellent orthopedic surgeon [scoliosis] in Boston

Possible 3rd Surgery / Seeking excellent orthopedic surgeon [scoliosis] in Boston

Hello everyone,
    It has been a little over two years since I have been on the forum. I had my 2nd surgery at NYU hospital in January of 2011. I received new hardware but the correction I was hoping for was not achieved. My Doctor assured me that my spine would be much straighter. I only gained about 1/2" in height. In addition I now have lower and upper back pain. Later on that year I moved to Boston. I am now researching spinal surgeons for check-ups. Can anyone suggest a premier orthopedic surgeon in the greater Boston area who specializes in scoliosis? Someone on the level of a Dr. Oheneba Boachie-Adjei [Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC]. Thank you. I look forward to suggestions.

Myke

Hi Myke...

Paul Glazer and Frank Rand both have good reputations.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Dilbert
    I'm sarcastic... what's your super power? --Unknown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you've signed up and are having trouble posting, please check your spam folder. An email was sent to the email address which you subscribed. You have to follow the instructions in that email. Done that and still having trouble posting? Contact Joe O'Brien at jpobrien@scoliosis.org.