Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hannah's surgery today with Dr Lenke !!! ALL DONE and she is WELL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospital photos

This link should work...

http://s1257.beta.photobucket.com/us...ibrary/Surgery
    Last edited by HannahCP; 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Hannah,

What's the fever from? Have you made your doctor's office aware?

Hope you are getting some rest.

Evelyn
      age 48
      80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
      Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
      Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
      Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
      Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Confusedmom View Post
        Hannah,

What's the fever from? Have you made your doctor's office aware?

Hope you are getting some rest.

Evelyn
        Hi Evelyn,

My husband called the exchange after hours the firsttime that it happened. They said it's normal to have a low grade fever but not to worry unless it reached higher than 101.5. It seems like it usually happens only when I "overdo" it. Been doing good today. Trying a new foam pad for the mattress tonight to see if it helps with my sleeplessness. Going on a short walk around the block and then taking my afternoon nap:-) gotta love the recovery process.

Hannah

Comment

6 months til surgery with dr lenke

I appreciate you sharing your experience. It is very helpful for me to know what to expect.
          44 years old, right thoracic curve 63 degrees, thoracolumbar major curve 75 degrees, thoracic kyphosis 39 degrees.

Comment

Okay, good. Glad you're on top of it!

Take care,
            Evelyn
            age 48
            80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
            Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
            Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
            Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
            Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

change of pace

Well, I survived an entire night in bed without moving to the recliner (with the exception of bathroom breaks and pain medicine intervals). My mom brought over one of those egg crate memory foam mattress pads and we folded it a bit so that my head would be elevated more than before...I had been feeling like I'd wake up and my lungs would be sore - I have always slept on my sides and now that's really uncomfortable, so it's really hard trying to get used to getting comfortable sleeping on my back. So I am happy to say that I think I've found my cure for sleep.

Walked 1/3 mile yesterday with my mom since it was so beautiful outside. We've been skimping out on the walking so we felt that I need to start walking a little more each day. I do feel a bit stiff today, BUT was able to skip my vicodin dose at 10 because I didn't feel like I needed it. I haven't felt bad either. I think I'll still stick with taking my flexeril and valium (muscle relaxer), since I do feel like those are really helping more than the pain pills. Going to try to slowly wean off some of the medicines but only as my body tells me that I'm ready.

Some of my adhesive/glue that had been used to seal my wound has fallen off. (Didn't use steri strips because I have an allergy to bandaids etc). Will take photos and upload later.

Everyone said that it's healing great. Yay! Still having shoulder pain which is normal. But still playing it day by day, because it's a rollllllercoaster.
              My first post-op appointment is on November 21st, which will then determine when I am allowed to go back to work. At the moment I get so exhausted so quickly, so it'll take some practice to get ready to go back to work.

I have a few friends coming over to visit tonight, which is good. I just have to make sure that I don't overdo it today, so that I am not a grump tonight!

That's all today. Hopefully I don't have any hick-ups along the way. Day-by-day...Just have to remember that.

Comment

Hannah,
                You sound really good. I was never one to take naps, but truly enjoyed it during my recovery. I also read a ton of books and watched many Netflix movies. I did not feel comfortable sleeping on either side until I was a year post op. I got used to remaining on my back all night, which I never did before my surgery. Keep up the good work!
                Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                Rib Hump-GONE!
                Age-60 at the time of surgery
                Now 66
                Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Walking and pain Meds

At about 3 weeks post-op how far were you all walking. The last two days I've walked 1/3 mile and have needed all the pain Meds prescribed. Before the walk today I was able to skip a Vicodin dose at 10am and cut my Valium in half at my noon time. But after the walk, no more skipping doses/ weaning. I needed it all.

Just wanted to see if any others can give their experiences?

Hannah

Comment

Working...
                  X