I can feel my rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can feel my rods

I have two rods in my spine I can't feel one but I can feel the other rod is that normal? And when I lean back i can feel that same rod is that normal?
    Just curious

Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
    I have two rods in my spine I can't feel one but I can feel the other rod is that normal? And when I lean back i can feel that same rod is that normal?
    Just curious
    Yes that might be expected if they couldn't remove most of the rotation. Was curve curve very rotated?
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Yes I guess it was

Comment

Kat, see if you can get the sagittal radiographs from after your surgery. This side view will show you how well the two rods line up. If all rotation was removed and you were standing exactly perpendicular to the beam then it would appear to be only one rod. Most people do not have all rotation removed and one rod will be further back than the other. That is the rod that will hit a chair back whereas the other may be far too deep to ever touch a chair back. You would only ever feel the one rod.

Ask your surgeon abut this.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thanks I will!
          Isn't it funny everytime I ask a question the next day I correct myself and boom my problem is solved 0.o

I had to de rotate myself I gues but it's only been one day so we will see how this goes...

Comment

Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
            Just curious
            I think this to be a normal thing..
            I can feel my both rods.But 1 is more prominent than the other..
            I can also feel my most of screws.But I believe that may be it is because I am so smart
            I am more stronger than scoliosis. And I will not allow it to control my life.

Comment

I wouldnt worry.i could feel a screw from my old fusion that I couldnt feel before my second fusion but my surgeon says its nothing to worry about.turns out the fab correction has caused the screw to be more prominent but hey ho
              27 yr old Female.
              Scoliosis since 12yrs, fusion to lower curve in 1998, costioplast 2001 and further corrective surgery 26 July 2012.
              Now the proud owner of a very straight spine. T1- L5 fusion.
              Mr Dunsmuir, Orthopaedic Surgeon, LGI Leeds.

Comment

Working...
              X