Sciatic pain - scar tissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sciatica

Pam, You had a massive correction-better than mine. For sure your whole sciatic nerve had to be shifted. I did have sciatica post op which sometimes moved from one side to the other. I was on neurontin for nerve pain for 6 months post op. That helped the general nerve pain which narcotics do not touch. My suggestion is to consult a pain doc and get better pain relief using other methods. Walking helped.

I was fortunate in that my pain doc- I only used him for about 7 months and no more-kept my pain under control without too many narcotics so that I could rest and exercise. I wasn't totally pain free for 18 months. After 6 months I used Aleve and Tylenol arthritis with good relief.

It stands to reason that the bigger the correction the more one's nerves will "object" and "complain". Try not to let fear take over.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Pam,

Dr. Lenke's resident said yesterday that the pain should continue to lessen for at least a year!

Evelyn
      age 48
      80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
      Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
      Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
      Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
      Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Working...
      X