No announcement yet.

My turn to Straighten up and Fly Right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AngieM Two Year Surgery Anniversary! Thank You to ALL!!!

Thank you Peggy.

I looked up your surgeon, Dr. Buchowski. A very impressive resume, I have to say and I wonder how you came to find him. Does he do a lot of scoliosis surgeries? It looks like he does a lot with kyphosis and that might be your main concern?

All the best, Angie

Comment

Originally posted by AngieM View Post
      I would say: 74 at time of surgery, now 76 the new 60. Yeah, I was feeling great at 60!
      I find it amazing how some of us can make it so long with large curves.....I couldn’t make it past age 49, my pain levels were completely out of control. You made it a long time, and I’m assuming you recovered just fine.

In my signature I did lift my age up a tad only because of my neck. I had 2 cervical herniation’s diagnosed in April 2013, and I guess the best way to look at it now is like having a tire patched.... I’m rolling along but don’t know when I will need new tires. I try not to freak out about it if the pain is manageable.

Congratulations!

For your Signature;
      FORUM
      FORUM ACTIONS
      EDIT PROFILE
      MY SETTINGS
      EDIT SIGNATURE (Enter your data)

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Angie,
        Congratulations on a good 2 year report. I am happy to hear you are doing so well. It will be 4 years for me in January. I don't know where the time goes. Keep walking. I truly believe it's the best exercise.
        Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
        Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
        70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
        Rib Hump-GONE!
        Age-60 at the time of surgery
        Now 66
        Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
        Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
        Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
        Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
        tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
        http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Angie, awesome 2 year visit! I just tuned 68, and am planning on finding the New Susan at 70. Keep walking. You are amazing and a great role model!
          Susan
          Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
          2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
          2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
          2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
          2018: Removal L4,5 screw
          2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Hi Angie!

Dr. Lenke referred me to Dr. Buchowski. I sent my medical records & MRI to Dr. Lenke to request an appt. His PA called to tell me I wasn't 'bad' enough for Dr. Lenke to take on & he was referring me to a dr he had trained. He's part of the 'group' with Lenke, etc.

Last year, my Columbus, OH dr told me his skills were adequate for my type of surgery since he does 1 or 2 a year. I turned to this forum for help & the consensus was to 'run'! I met with Dr. Buchowski last Oct. and I have a pre-surgery appt with him this week.
            Peg
            61 yrs old
            75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
            T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
            Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

Originally posted by PeggyS View Post
              Hi Angie!

Dr. Lenke referred me to Dr. Buchowski. I sent my medical records & MRI to Dr. Lenke to request an appt. His PA called to tell me I wasn't 'bad' enough for Dr. Lenke to take on & he was referring me to a dr he had trained. He's part of the 'group' with Lenke, etc.

Last year, my Columbus, OH dr told me his skills were adequate for my type of surgery since he does 1 or 2 a year. I turned to this forum for help & the consensus was to 'run'! I met with Dr. Buchowski last Oct. and I have a pre-surgery appt with him this week.
              Peggy,
              When are you in meeting with Dr. Buchowski?

Tamena
              Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Tamena-

Tomorrow! Darn, I see that you'll be there next week. I'm having tests & meeting with Dr. buchowski. (A couple of tests were completed in my hometown.) After that, I plan to start a thread about surgery journey.
                Peg
                61 yrs old
                75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
                T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
                Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

Working...
                X