Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Heidi's surgery with Dr. Lenke

heidi, that is great...
    so glad both you and hannah are feeling so much better at 4 weeks...
    hope each of you improve a little every day....

jess...& Sparky

Thanks Jess. Talked with Angie today.. i am four weeks post op today. Cutting oit last of oxycotin tonight and cutting down on colace and senna. I am so happy to be off the narcotics. They truly made me crazy! Hannah.... dont know how i missed you on here. Everyday that goes by i get better and stronger. Its been tough though
    Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
    53*T 71*L
    Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
    Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

bum leg?

For those of you who have had surgery...
    My right leg is much weaker then my left. For example, when I climb stairs I have to start with my left leg because it is hard to lift right leg. when getting in and out of car it is extremely difficult to lift right leg up and into car.
    From my right hip to middle of thigh it feels bruised if I touch it. It looks normal. It also tingles. I am assuming it is nerve damage and will heal on it's own and maybe that is what is causing my leg to be so weak?
    When I asked about the bruised/tingling feeling they said that it is probably nerves. Has anyone else had this and did it go away.
    I am thinking that I will probably need Physical Therapy for this. I think it may be too early though.
    thanks,
    Heidi
    Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
    53*T 71*L
    Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
    Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

Heidi,
    My left feels the same way. It feels weak and sensitive to touch along with the left side of my abdomen. I asked if I needed pt to regain strength yesterday and was assured it was from surgery and could take a while to build back up, but I guess everything in the spine is connected to every avenue of our body.
    Tamena

Heidi,

They will probably tell you nerves may have been stretched or manipulated during surgery, and that can take a long time to heal (months). It's my understanding they won't even think about PT until after 3 months. (That's what Naomi told me.)

I did not have the weakness thing, but I know I've read about others who have, and I believe most people have seen improvement over time. If you're worried, though, I wouldn't hesitate to give Kelly a call.

Best,
    Evelyn
    age 44
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.