Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times clicking away!! October29th will be here soon~~~

Hi all,
    Well the time is clicking by quite fast! And although I am soooo ready to get this done, I also have to admitt I am a little bit scared. It is so invasive!! And even though I have been through this before(not exactly) but somewhat similar~~~it is still scarey. My last two surgeries were big. When I panick I think of Dr. Lenke, and what great things I have heard and seen of his work. I guess after all the bad turnouts I have had, it tends to make a person somewhat edgey. And time is going fast, but it hasn't slowed down the pain ans symptoms that are coming out of nowhere! I just had to stop in here to say hi and hope to be back to check in soon, as I certainly feel better knowing you're all here with a good idea what this is all about. Bless all of you~~~~Linda
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Someone who was very wise on the blog said: once that you have decided to have te surgery and trust in the doctor doing the surgery, then you relax and TRUST. No more "what ifs", just relax and go with it. I thank that person for being so wise and that has helped me with other decisions about my back. Sorry that I cannot remember who it was...maybe she will step up and take credit.
    HUGS, Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Oct 29

Hang in there Linda.....I know time seems to stand still sometimes but then all of a sudden you are there. Take one day at a time, focus on the surgery date, try and relax and just keep clinging to the Lord who will get you through. I will be in St. Louis Monday for my surgical consult. Like you, surgery can't come too soon. I am pretty well housebound with pain also. One thing that helps me, though, is the hot tub and the pool that is nearby that I go to and stretch. It is temporary relief. Is there a chance you could fill another cancellation date? Linda, where are you from again and how are you getting to St. Louis? We are flying from Harrisburg, Pa. but I wonder what the best way will be to get back home after surgery. I will be praying for both you and Dr. Lenke on Oct. 29th. I feel confident he will be able to help you with all of his expertise. Linda, I wrote you a long response to your PM and somehow lost it. I was so frustrated. I hope this goes through. I will keep in touch. Blessings, Pat
      1963 Fusion T4-L2 for congenital scoliosis. It was a bone graft and not instrumentation
      1989 to Present....Have had chronic pain. MRI's show severe neural foraminal stenosis L2-S1, rotational scoliosis lumbar spine over 40 degrees, compression of nerve roots L5-S1, Broad Based Herniations L4-L5, L5-S
      Surgery scheduled with Dr. Bridwell on December 11, 2012
      December 11, 2012 Had surgery with Dr. Bridwell. He fused L4-L5 with rods and screws.

Comment

Originally posted by yacpatty View Post
        Hang in there Linda.....I know time seems to stand still sometimes but then all of a sudden you are there. Take one day at a time, focus on the surgery date, try and relax and just keep clinging to the Lord who will get you through. I will be in St. Louis Monday for my surgical consult. Like you, surgery can't come too soon. I am pretty well housebound with pain also. One thing that helps me, though, is the hot tub and the pool that is nearby that I go to and stretch. It is temporary relief. Is there a chance you could fill another cancellation date? Linda, where are you from again and how are you getting to St. Louis? We are flying from Harrisburg, Pa. but I wonder what the best way will be to get back home after surgery. I will be praying for both you and Dr. Lenke on Oct. 29th. I feel confident he will be able to help you with all of his expertise. Linda, I wrote you a long response to your PM and somehow lost it. I was so frustrated. I hope this goes through. I will keep in touch. Blessings, Pat
        . I had the same thing happen to me with the private message thing. It is very frustrating to say the least! I just hope that you can get something done to help very soon! Pain can be terribly hard on the mind and body!! I've tried to go places and do things, but it's hard to enjoy anything anymore. And I don't want to be a downer, so staying home is just easier. I am in south central So. Dak. (Winner S.D.) After surgery we will drive as far as Lawrence Ks.(4hrs.) we will stay there for a day or so. (My son lives there) Then it's another eight hrs. To Winner, So.Dak. We will stop every couple hrs. That's the plan at this point! Hoping it works out alright. I will be praying for your surgery to be Soon!! Good Luck the 27th of Aug. Wishing you the best~~~Linda
        Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
        Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
        This started adult onset scoliosis
        July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
        Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
        Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
        May 30th 2013 revision
        May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
        May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

I think there is a limit of how many characters you can enter in a private message. If the message is too long, it gets wiped out. So, it's better to write several shorter messages instead of one long. Good luck with your surgery, Linda!
          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Linda,
            I certainly hope you have much better luck with Dr. Lenke than you have had in the past. Dr. Lenke is one of the best, so it will be more than just luck. Just think positive thoughts and how wonderful it will be when you can get back to the life you want and deserve.
            Sally
            Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
            Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
            Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
            Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
            New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
            Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
            X