No announcement yet.

my brace...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope your daughter doesn't ever need to wear a brace of any kind. As for your Mom not making you wear yours, please don't be hard on her. As a Mom, forcing my daughter to wear her Milwaukee brace has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do as a Mom. She is 12...let me refresh your memory of what it's like being 12 and maybe you'll understand a little bit better. The most important thing to her and her friends are as follows: who is going to the dance on Friday--Oh, if she is going I NEED to go too; can you believe she is going out with Jeff?!; where did you get that shirt? I have to ask my Mom to take me there (we go there, and she can't get a popular shirt because it won't fit over her brace and even if I did, the brace will only tear it). The brace not only makes her look different from her peers at a time when it is so important to fit in, it makes her different. She is a quieter, less active and much less social person than she is. I pray that no Mother ever has to go through what your Mom and I have had to do. I hope that my daughter's Boston brace will do her some good so maybe we can avoid surgery, but the doctors aren't sure.

Comment

Working...
    X